GRID cellClick Problem

In my opinion, the Grid should never have been designed without a beforeCellClick event. I received a workaround from DHX telling me that the beforeSelect event (return false) would work but it does not! Here are the events triggered in chronological order WITHOUT the workaround:

1. cellMouseOver (this makes sense)
  2. cellMouseDown (this makes sense)
  3. beforeSelect (this makes sense)
  4. afterSelect (this makes sense)
  5. cellClick (this makes sense)

So after I applied the beforeSelect (return false) solution, the following occurs:

1. cellMouseOver (this makes sense)
  2. cellMouseDown (this makes sense)
  3. beforeSelect (this makes sense)
    4. cellClick (this makes NO sense because the beforeSelect was supposed to handle that)

Here is a snippet to demonstrate this problem: https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/kmt77glj

Because I have captured the cellClick event for other purposes, now I have to add a second layer to work around the failed solution.

Am I missing something here because without a beforeCellClick event many steps must be taken that could be eliminated with this additional event.

we have no beforeCellClick/aftyerCellClick events, as a common cellClick can be used in this case, because the “cell clicking” itself does not trigger any actions that should be interrupted.
Actions come only from the cell selection, so we have beforeSelect/afterSelect pair to prevent the selection process if it is needed.

Could you please, clarify what exactly do you need stop in the “beforeCellClick” situation?