Grid column versus row average in footer

Hello all,

I have a grid that should get an enrolled number percentage out of total devices that were enrolled:

I used avg and by row this I believe is ok but by column (footer enrolled/device total) * 100 is higher…

Is there a content type or I imagine a function for the footer that will get as depicted in screenshot? Thanks!

{ width: 180, id: "percent_compliant", header: [{ text: "Percent Enrolled", align: "right"} ], footer: [{ content: "avg",align: "right"}] , align: "right" }

Could you please, provide a complete demo or a demo link, where the original issue can be reproduced?

Hey sematik,

DHTMLX avg works as intended. return the average of the sum of column x/row total

For clarification in this example, there are x unique organizations that have widgets that need to meet a specific compliancy. Each organization’s percentage compliant is calculated on the back end by using (Compliant/Widget Total)*100. So, I need the footer to not average current column but rather a function similar to mark: as demonstrated in the below example you requested.

Is it possible to customize the footer content the same as you can with mark? I could not locate if this was possible. I had the same issue in 5.x but I created a function that returned the percentage of the coumns needed to do so. In this case Column 4 (Compliant) and Column 5 (Widget Total)

As requested a working example:

<style>

.negative { background: lightcoral;  }
.positive { background: #91b496; }

</style>

<script>

my_data=[
	    {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_01",non_compliant:3,compliant:7,total:10,percent_compliant:70.00,trend:-4},
	    {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_02",non_compliant:0,compliant:2,total:2,percent_compliant:100.00,trend:2},
	    {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_03",non_compliant:0,compliant:4,total:4,percent_compliant:100.00,trend:1},
        {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_04",non_compliant:0,compliant:3,total:3,percent_compliant:100.00,trend:2},
        {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_05",non_compliant:0,compliant:1,total:1,percent_compliant:100.00,trend:0},
        {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_06",non_compliant:0,compliant:1,total:1,percent_compliant:100.00,trend:0},
        {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_07",non_compliant:0,compliant:75,total:75,percent_compliant:100.00,trend:3},
        {company:"Company_01",organization:"Organization_08",non_compliant:36,compliant:60,total:96,percent_compliant:62.50,trend:-19},
        {company:"Company_02",organization:"Organization_09",non_compliant:5,compliant:59,total:64,percent_compliant:92.18,trend:25},
        {company:"Company_02",organization:"Organization_10",non_compliant:10,compliant:56,total:66,percent_compliant:84.84,trend:30},
          ]

const dashboard_01 = new dhx.Grid("my_dashboard", 
    {	
   	columns:
      [  	

{ width: 125, id: "company", header: [{ text: "Company"},{content: "selectFilter"}]},
    	{ width: 150, id: "organization", header: [{ text: "Organziation" },{ content: "inputFilter" }] },
    	{ width: 150, id: "non_compliant", header: [{ text: "Non-Compliant" }], footer: [{ content: "sum"}] ,  type: "number", format: "#" },
    	{ width: 150, id: "compliant", header: [{ text: "Compliant" }], footer: [{ content: "sum"}], type: "number", format: "#"  },
        { width: 150, id: "total", header: [{ text: "Widget Total" }], footer: [{ content: "sum"}],  type: "number", format: "#"  },
        { width: 180, id: "percent_compliant", header: [{ text: "Percent Compliant",align: "right" } ], footer: [{ content: "avg",align: "right"}],  align: "right" },
        { width: 100, id: "trend", header: [{ text: "Trend",align: "right" } ], footer: [{ content: "sum"}],  

mark: function (cell, data,row,col)   
              { 
               if (cell < 0) {return cell < 0 ? "negative" : ""}
               if (cell > 0) {return cell > 0 ? "positive" : ""}  
              },

type: "number", format: "#"  }

], selection:"row"
    });

dashboard_01.data.parse(my_data);

</script>

<div style="width: 1000px;height: 400px;" id="my_dashboard"></div>

Currently there is no possibility to modify or create custom footer calculation methods in the dhx.Grid.
I’ve sent your request to the dev team, so the probable solution may appear in the future updates.
For now I can only suggest you to place your own needed data to the grid footer with the;

dashboard_01.config.columns[column_index].footer[footer_row_index].text = "needed value";
dashboard_01.paint();

Or you can initially place the html content to the footer cell and modify that content manually according to the request.