Grid Failure with Large Database

I am experiencing a grid failure with large databases while using Windows XP or Vista with IE8. Specifically, I have a database of approximately 100k rows of data. If I drag the scroller down to the middle of the list, the scroller jumps back up a little and the grid does not populate. Please note, it works fine in FF. Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I have done quite a bit of testing and have determined that it is only with the above described situation. I should note we are using Smart Rendering. Can DHTMLX handle more than 50k with Smart Rendering enabled?

Thanks!

To increase loading performance in grid you can use dynamic Smart Rendering mode. Please check tutorial here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … 50000.html

Hey Olga,

Thanks for the response. Please note I did mention, " we are using Smart Rendering" in initial post. I truly believe this is an issue with your component in XP or Vista in IE browser with a large database. If you could do a quick test checking this out, I would be extremely appreciative. I have checked it, I have had a colleague check it, nobody can get it it work in IE. Note, it does work in FF; we are testing with a 100k database.

Please let me know if you can get it to work. I would live to see a live version working with 100k!

Regards

i have same problem with grid ~80 rows. in my case it doesnt work on chrome 8.0.552.215 and ff 3.6.12

sorry, i meant 80 000 rows.

Please check live demo here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … 50000.html
Sample works a bit slower than in Chrome and FireFox, but row are loaded less then 1-2 secs.

Note, in case of more than 10k row its better to use dynamic Smart Rendering mode.

If issue still occurs for you, please provide demo link where issue can be reconstructed.

Olga,

Yes, 50,000k works for us as well. We experience the problem starting with approximately 70k rows. Please check this on your server. I will have my developer set up a line link with 100k and get back with link asap.

Thanks!

Olga,

Following is a test datagrid with 100k rows: development.splash360.com/Affili … xtest.aspx I have tested it on numerous desktops, from numerous locations. As noted, it always fails when I drag the scroller down to the middle of the list or use the mouse wheel quickly. Again, this is on XP or Vista in IE8. In FF it works fine. Kindly review and let me know how we can solve this issue.

Note: I would appreciate any other comments on test results with this 100k grid by forum members.

Thanks!

Chrome works fine.

When dragging the scrollbar to the middle then IE8 displays :

Webpage error details

Line: 168
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://development.splash360.com/js/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_srnd.js

Thanks for the test results.

I have found it works on: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and even Safari for PC.

Now, we just need to get it working properly on Internet Explorer 8.

or you can upgrade to IE9 :slight_smile:

Failed for me too. I tested using XP,Vista, and 7. It failed each time I used IE8. It worked fine in FF and Chrome.