Grid/Header focus issues

After clicking a filter in a grid header, I am not able to focus a cell in the grid unless the entire grid loses focus first or the cell is put into edit mode. This happens with a default installation of dhtmlxgrid, so it’s not related to a configuration in my application.

When the grid is in read only mode (setEditable is set to false), it is difficult to cause events to trigger in the grid based on a key press because the grid itself is not focused. The only way to fix this is to put the grid in edit mode to allow a cell to be edited or to click somewhere on the webpage outside the grid.

See this video for a visual demonstration. Notice the blue focus color around the filter element and when it disappears. Clicking/marking a cell in the grid does not remove the focus from the header, which means the grid isn’t selected and the key press event won’t trigger. However, clicking on the footer causes the grid to lose focus and then then clicking on a cell in the grid will allow the key press event to trigger.

How do I fix this? I’ve tried everything I can think of with the grid’s API and nothing will remove focus from the filter element other than manually clicking around the page.

Unfortunately the problem cannot be reconstructed. You may check the online samples:
https://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxGrid/samples/08_filtering/06_pro_search.html
If the problem still occurs for you please, provide a complete demo or a demo link, where the problem can be reconstructed locally.