Grid Initialisation from Connector

Hy All!
I am trying to develop a dthmlx grid that with automatically configure according to the query I pass to the connector: let me explain better, I have tried and tested methods to configure a grid using json or XML. I have written code that, given a particular query, will look a the result (the column names, types, max widths, etc) and create XML To format the grid accordingly.
The next step would be to fill the thus formatted grid with a connector, however configuring the connector too as we fields have to specified one-by-one, ie:

$sql = “SELECT id, name, age, telephone from people”;
THIS DOES NOT WORK
$conn->render_sql($sql,“id”,"*")
YOU HAVE TO SPECIFY FIELDS
$conn->render_sql($sql,“id”,“name,age,telephone”);

But, I ask myself, can the grid connector not simply both CONFIGURE and POPULATE the grid??

Of course I could just write my own XML generator to both configure and fill the grid, but then I would loose all the additional functionality of the connector (Intelligent loading, sorting, etc…)

Here you can find a tutorial about configuring the grid header from the server-side using the connector:
docs.dhtmlx.com/connector__php__ … erver.html

Hy Sematik,
this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
I’ve been using dhtmlx for about 4 years now and never knew! YOu sould advertise it more (or maybe I should RDFM)

One more thing, why can’t I :
$conn->render_sql($sql,“id”,"*")

But have to specify each column:
$conn->render_sql($sql,“id”,“firstname,lastname,address,city,age”)

Can’t this wonderful connector object just get the column names from the sql??

Thanks again
Francesco

Unfortunately such feature is not available.
You need to specify the using columns.