Grid with Subgrid Scrollbar hides last entry

Greetings.

I’m currently using your dhtmlX grid with subgrids for each row.

Unfortunately I’m having the effect, that opening the subgrid displays a horizontal scrollbar at the subgrid, which hides the last entry in the subgrid.

Also, if I’m having just one entry in the subgrid, it’ll look like the subgrid is empty, because only the horizontal scrollbar and the head of the grid is visible.

Actualy, when I’m closing the grid and open it again, it will display itself completely correct, like I would expect it, without any scrollbar and therefore every entry visible.

Could you please look into this? It is unbearable to use the subgrid if you have to click every entry three time before the subgrid is displayed correctly.

Thanks in advance.

David

Actualy, when I’m closing the grid and open it again, it will display itself completely correct
If you are creating subgrids by some manual code, instead of using logic of sub_row_grid, you may try to add next line to the subgrid’s init

subgrid.objBox.style.overflow=“hidden”;

It will fully disable horizontal scroll of subgrids

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I’m using the normal way to create the subgrid, using the sub_row_grid excell.

But thanks to the style you provided just now, the problem of the horizontal scrollbar is gone.

Now another issue would be the initial height of the subgrid when it’s first expanded. When I’m opening the subgrid the initial height is way higher than necessary, especially if there’s just one row in the subgrid.

Closing and opening the subgrid again display the subgrid correctly with only the necessary height for the containing child-rows.

I can imagine that this would be a problem because the grid doesn’t know about the size of the subgrid without loading it and determine how many rows the subgrid contains. If that’s the case, in my main grid I’m already having a column which contains the number of rows which would be displayed in the subrow. So if you could provide me a method where I could manually predetermine the number of rows a subgrid shall contain, before opening it, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Actually I’m using the normal way to create the subgrid, using the sub_row_grid excell.
Are you loading data in default way as well, or using some custom loading logic?
If you are using custom loading logic, the next code need to be called after data loaded in sub-grid
subgrid.callEvent(“onGridReconstructed”,[]);
It will force size normalization.

Exactly what I was looking for.

I’m indeed using custom json data services to fill the grids with the specific data.

After the databinding I added your “subgrid.callEvent(“onGridReconstructed”,[]);” which solved the problem of a initially oversized grid.

My grid with two subgrids looks now really nice, fast and no unnecessary scrollbars or heights.

Thanks very much, great support!

Great FIX… I needed this too.!!!