Gridx

I am using Girdx with header having textbox and combobox. My application needs to change data in the grid according to changes done in a combobox. I am able to fetch the data with changes in combobox accordingly. But, when i load the data second time with changes in combobox my header display but the textboxes and combobox’s does not apper. I am attaching my javascript function for ref:

function doOnLoad(project){

onLoad();

if( i == true)

{

i = false ;

mygrid = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘gridbox’);

mygrid.setImagePath(“codebase/imgs/”);

mygrid.setSkin(“light”);

mygrid.init();

}

mygrid.attachHeader("

,#rspan,
,#rspan,#rspan,#rspan");

mygrid.clearAll();

mygrid.loadXML(“http://localhost:8080/MyProject/getGridRecords.jsp?project=”+project, function(){

document.getElementById(“id_flt”).appendChild(document.getElementById(“id_flt_box”).childNodes[0])

document.getElementById(“title_flt”).appendChild(document.getElementById(“title_flt_box”).childNodes[0])

locFlt = document.getElementById(“location_flt”).appendChild(document.getElementById(“location_flt_box”).childNodes[0]);

levelFlt = document.getElementById(“level_flt”).appendChild(document.getElementById(“level_flt_box”).childNodes[0]);

statusFlt = document.getElementById(“status_flt”).appendChild(document.getElementById(“status_flt_box”).childNodes[0]);

});

I am calling the same functin with differnt project names to get different records displayed in my grid.

When you are loading grid first time, you are taking elements from id_flt_box , but when grid loaded second time, this container doesn’t contain any content ( already was moved to the grid )

To resolve problem you can change your code as

if( i == true)
{
i = false ;
mygrid = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘gridbox’);
mygrid.setImagePath(“codebase/imgs/”);
mygrid.setSkin(“light”);
mygrid.init();
} else {
var cont =
document.getElementById(“id_flt_box”);
cont.appendChild(document.getElementById(“id_flt”).childNodes[0]); //move elements back from header, so they can be reused
cont.appendChild(document.getElementById(“title_flt”).childNodes[0])
}

or , as second solution, reload only data part of grid, not both data and header structure, in such case existing headers will be preserved