GroupBy for multiResources

Hi,
I am trying to implement some groupBy for my gantt but I have some problems:

1. I have multi-resource assignments for tasks, groupby works fine but when a task has two or more resources in the group view it creates a “project” with all resources but I would like a “project” for all resources with the same task. (I don’t know if I explained myself, to be sure I attach pictures of what it looks like and how I would like it).
    worng view

right view
  2. I’m trying to to implement a group by for customer, I managed it but i would seen also projects. (I attach pictures of what it looks like and how I would like it);

can you help me?

Best regards.
Francesco.

Hello Francesco,

I have multi-resource assignments for tasks, groupby works fine but when a task has two or more resources in the group view it creates a “project” with all resources but I would like a “project” for all resources with the same task. (I don’t know if I explained myself, to be sure I attach pictures of what it looks like and how I would like it).

Unfortunately, right now, there is no way to show the same task simultaneously under different parent tasks when you group them.
The dev team will add that feature in the future, but I cannot give you any ETA.

For now, you need to implement a custom solution by using the Gantt API and Javascript.

I have the following example of the implementation that can help you to start implementing your solution:

I’m trying to to implement a group by for customer, I managed it but i would seen also projects. (I attach pictures of what it looks like and how I would like it);

If you want to save the tree structure when grouping tasks, you need to enable the save_tree_structure parameter in the group function:
https://docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/desktop__grouping.html#keepingoriginaltaskhierarchyingroups

You can check how it works in the following sample:
https://docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/02_extensions/28_tasks_grouping_save_tree_structure.html

The tasks with the project type are not displayed in the group mode.
You need to manually convert these tasks to the task type before grouping them, then you need to revert the changes.
Here is an example of how it can be implemented: