groupBy with SmartRender failing

I have a grid setup as follows that is intialized with XML and when I attempt to do a objHomeGrid.groupBy(1) my grid just goes completely blank. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

$(’#main’).html(’’);
$(’#main’).append(’

’);
Home_SetGridSize();
var objTmp = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘gridMain’);
objHomeGrid = objTmp;
objHomeGrid.clearAll(true);
objHomeGrid.preventIECaching(true);
objHomeGrid.enableMultiselect(true);
objHomeGrid.setImagePath(’/admin/resources/codebase/imgs/’);
objHomeGrid.setSkin(“dhx_web”);
objHomeGrid.setAwaitedRowHeight(30);
objHomeGrid.enableSmartRendering(true, 30);
objHomeGrid.setStyle(“background-color:#F4F4F4;color:#0E2D5F; font-weight:bold;”, “”,"", “background-color:#FBEC88;”);
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onRowDblClicked”, function(rId,cInd){Home_OpenInput(rId, cInd);});
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onBeforeSorting”,Home_SortGridOnServer);
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onRightClick”, Home_RightClickGrid);
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onFilterStart”,function(idxs,vals){return Home_GridFilterOnServer(idxs,vals)});
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onSelectStateChanged”, function(id){ Home_UpdateSouth()});
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onEditCell”,function(){return false; }); // will block any edit operation - mainly for checkboxes
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onXLE”, function(grid_obj,count){ $(’#gridMain’).css({ opacity: 1});Home_UpdateSouth();});
objHomeGrid.attachEvent(“onXLS”, function(grid_obj){ $(’#gridMain’).css({ opacity: 0.5 }); });
objHomeGrid.init();
vbGridInited = true;
vbCalInited = false;

Thanks
Justin

Unfortunately the grouping functionality is incompatible with smart rendering or paging:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtmlxgrid:grouping

So if SmartRendering is not available do you have any ideas or recommendations for grouping 50,000 rows of data? I was thinking maybe a treegrid but I need my sublevels expanded during scrolling and reading the documentation it does not look like the treegrid SmartRender fetches rows from the database in small chunks like the regular grid.

I feel stuck so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Justin

Please, try to use the treegrid with the smart rendering enabled:
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … _srnd.html
or with the smart xml parsing:
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … tpars.html