Grouplist conditional operation

Using …/samples/4_list/04_grouplist_complete.html as an example, could you show me how to conditionally execute different functions depending on the value of obj.ext?

I have a similar routine that uses xml as the data source with a property ‘entrytype’.

No worries - I put it into the value tag in the xml and then retrieved it using:

$$('menulist').item(id).value

… which doesn’t work either as the value of “value” changes when items are selected … help!

could you show me how to conditionally execute different functions depending on the value of obj.ext?

In this sample templateItem is defined by a function. You can use the same approach - in this function you can apply different actions depending on a certain item property.

… which doesn’t work either as the value of “value” changes when items are selected … help!

Item selection causes redrawing selected item. Please describe the issue in detail if my previous reply does not solve the problem

Not sure about that. If I modify the templateItem function as follows:

templateItem: function(obj){ dhx.notice({ delay: 750, message: obj.entrytype }); return "<div class='dhx_filelist_name'></div>"+obj.name; }
then a message is displayed for every item in the list when a group is selected which indicates that it fires when the item is rendered, not selected.

I have the following function to direct program execution and want to extend it so that it can test for the value of obj.entrytype and redirect accordingly:

on: { 'onitemclick': function(id) { doRoutine1(id); }

So, I suppose my question is, how do I reference one of the properties of the XML source data in the onitemclick event?

Did it:

$$("mainMenu").item(id).entryType

can be tested in a switch statement in the onitemclick function to route execution.

Thanks anyway.