having problems with dhxCalendar/A

I’m attempting to use the dhxCalendarA cell type but I’m having some difficulties.

First of all I cannot make the date picker appear at all if I’m using the dhxCalendarA cell type.
If I use the dhxCalendar cell type, the date picker appears, but I need to be able to edit the cell manually as well so I need the dhxCalendarA type.

I’m also having another problem, regardless of whether I use one or the other the grid.SetDateFormat() method doesn’t seem to be supported by the grid, or at least that is what the js error says.

Code:
—head-----------------------------

—body-----------------------------

mygrid = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘gridbox’);

mygrid.setImagePath(‘dhtmlxGrid/codebase/imgs/’);
mygrid.setHeader(“Product Id,Product Number,Product Name,Quantity,Unit Price,Discount %,Amount,Line Number,Delivery”);
mygrid.setColumnIds(“productId,productNumber,productName,quantity,unitPrice,discountPct,amount,lineNumber,delivery”);
mygrid.setInitWidthsP(“0,*,20,10,10,10,15,0,10”);
mygrid.setColTypes(“ro,edtxt,edtxt,edtxt,edtxt,edtxt,ro,ro,dhxCalendarA”);
mygrid.setColSorting(“str,str,str,int,int,int,int,int,date”);
mygrid.setColAlign(“left,left,left,right,right,right,right,right,center”);
mygrid.enableMultiselect(true);
mygrid.enableEditTabOnly(true);
mygrid.setTabOrder(“0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7”);
//mygrid.setDateFormat("%d-%m-%Y"); // doesn’t matter what I put here. always creates error

mygrid.init();
mygrid.setSkin(“dhx_skyblue”);
mygrid.parse(init_data); // init_data contains the initial data as xml
mygrid.sortRows(7, “int”, “asc”);

About the date picker itself, is it possible to define where the picker should appear in relation to the cell it is to update?
In my case I have the page containing only the grid in an iframe (not optional for me) and if I have a date cell as the last cell on a row, the date picker goes outside the iframe (iframe hides overflow otherwise the grid’s own scrollbar wont work properly or I would get double scrollbars on some occations).

Nobody has an idea about what the problem is?
I don’t see how I can provide more info than I have already done…

Really need some help here, please.

First of all I cannot make the date picker appear at all if I’m using the dhxCalendarA cell type.
Unfortunately we cannot reproduce this issue locally. Please check example here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … _grid.html

I’m also having another problem, regardless of whether I use one or the other the grid.SetDateFormat() method doesn’t seem to be supported by the grid, or at least that is what the js error says.
This method is available in PRO version only

is it possible to define where the picker should appear in relation to the cell it is to update?
It can be done only with code modification.

About the location of the datepicker - So there is no way to tell the datepicker to stay inside the window?

We need to display the grid in an iframe that doesn’t show overflow (else we will get double scrollbars, from grid and from iframe). This introduces an issue because the datepicker doesn’t stay inside the window, but falls outside the viewable area (out of the iframe).

There is no property to prevent it from showing itself outside the window the grid is in?

If not, I will strongly recommend that you add some way to handle this. I can imagine that others use the grid inside an iframe as well.

As for the datepicker not showing when using dhxCalendarA cell type.

I know why I was seeing this now and I actually wasn’t which was the problem.

As stated above we use an iframe for the grid.

When using dhxCalendar type the datepicker appears with it’s left edge aligned to the left edge of the cell it is to update.

When using dhxCalendarA type the datepicker appears with it’s left edge aligned to the right edge of the cell it is to update.

since the date cell is the last in the row, the datepicker falls completely outside the iframe when using dhxCalendarA. That is why I thought that it wasn’t working for me.
However, it is working - it is just not visible to me because it it shown outside the window the grid is in, which is an issue.

One thing that could be a nice property for the datepicker, is the ability to choose which side of the cell the datepicker should appear (left or right) when using dhxCalendarA type.
At least that would have solved my problem…