Headers from XML Output

Hi,

First of all, i find your documentation very poor. Each time i want to add something in the grid i get lost. Even if I do as stated in your documentation, i do not get correct result. The same thing happened to put headers in grid from XML Output. Is this also in pro edition? Well, i have set my mind to buy your professional edition rather than waste my time in testing with standard version. I guess you have all my requirements but before that i need to know how much efficient your support will be there?? As i already told you, the documentation you have in your website (also the downloaded one) does not include all the steps required to add any features. I also got lost in adding date calendar in grid for date field. I hope to have kind co-operation and quick response from you.

The same thing happened to put headers in grid from XML Output.
In latest version of grid, structure can be defined from XML in both Pro and Standard editions.

>>does not include all the steps required to add any features
In case of configuration from XML
full XML syntax described here
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … 9361611000
is something missed?

I tried your url and used full xmlversion. the url is
 http://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/docsExplorer/doc/dhtmlxxml/xmlGrid.html
but i get 'incorrect cell type: edn

i saved the xml as data.xml and called in my html file as following
mygrid.loadXML(“data.xml”);
    mygrid.xml.top=“rows”;
    mygrid.xml.row="./row";
    mygrid.xml.cell="./cell";

even when i replace ‘edn’ with ‘ed’ it gives script error. can you tell me where i went wrong? or am i going correct with xml tag definition?

Standard edtion of grid supports only base column types, such as
ro,ed,txt,coro,co
The number formatin functionality and related cell types, such as edn and ron available only in pro edition.

>>even when i replace ‘edn’ with ‘ed’ it gives script error
Please provide a sample of problematic XML, there must not be any problems with ed column type ( be sure that you have not unnecessary whitespaces around column type in XML )

1229431836.zip (92.8 KB)

great… your example worked but still could not populate grid with my data. but i  guess i can work on it and if any problem persists will let you know. Well i m still waiting for the following question of my first message.

"I also got lost in adding date calendar in grid for date field. "

how do i populate calendar when click on date field? I went through your documentation but the script file you have included is not in dhtmlxgrid. Does it needs dhtmlcalendar component to be downloaded? If yes whose common files be used?? Please guide me step by step to integrate calendar in grid. and also can’t we use calendar of the dhtmlxgird’s codebase folder??

thanking you…

"I also got lost in adding date calendar in grid for date field. "
You need to

a) in addition to existing grid’s files include
dhtmlxcalendar.js ( and related css )
dhtmlxgrid_excell_dhxcalendar.js
b) use column type dhxCalendar
c) if you are using custom data format ( default is “%d/%m/%Y” ) use grid.setDateFromat ( pro only ) to set necessary format of the date.

>> but the script file you have included is not in dhtmlxgrid
dhtmlxgrid_excell_dhxcalendar.js included in both pro and standard editions of grid, dhxcalendar.js is part of separate package, which can be downloaded separatly ( or, as part of dhtmlxsuite )

>>If yes whose common files be used??
dhtmlxcommon.js - common for all components

Please check attached sample.

1229507249.zip (110 KB)

Well i tried with my own data, but where i faced problem is when i put as parent node it works but if i change it to my costumized one it does not work. other child nodes i can set customized and it works. The problem is with the supernode only. eg.

the following set works…

data1

but if change the xml out to following it does not work

data1

this is how i called from html file. the xml output filename is result1.xml

mygrid.loadXML(“result1.xml”);
    mygrid.xml.top=“psrecordset”;
    mygrid.xml.row=“./record”;
    mygrid.xml.cell=“./clm”;

I have attached the html and xml file. please help me out.

testclipboard.zip (2.97 KB)

I have one more query, Seems i really get lost :slight_smile:. Hope you guys don’t mind. I m trying to load combo data from xml but it didn’t work.
i went through your reference
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … omboexcell

Shipping
gives blank

and also tried
Shipping
gives incorrect cell type ‘combo’ and ofcourse because we don’t have any type defined as combo.

do i need any more files to included??

i have these includes
    <script  src="…/…/codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js">
    <script  src="…/…/…/codebase/dhtmlxcalendar.js">
    <script  src="…/…/codebase/dhtmlxgrid.js">

<script  src="…/…/codebase/dhtmlxgridcell.js">
    <script  src="…/…/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_selection.js">
    <script  src="…/…/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_nxml.js">
    <script  src="…/…/codebase/patch.js">

Please help me out :frowning:

While it possible to configure tags used for the data loading, the XPaths for configuration are hardcoded, you can’t set them from js API.
( dhtmlxgrid.js, line 3948+ - //rows/head, //rows/head/column , etc.)

In your case , grid’s data correctly loaded, but configuration can’t be read, and as result view is empty.

So what would be solution for loading combo from xml data and dynamic column names? I didn’t understand your last reply :frowning:. please help me with the necessary steps i need to follow.

thanx.

I have one more query, Seems i really get lost :slight_smile:. Hope you guys don’t mind. I m trying to load combo data from xml but it didn’t work.
>>i went through your reference

Sample of grid with combo sent by email

The grid supports two types of selectboxes
a) co|coro type - built it
b) combo - dhtmlxcombo as editor of grid, requires dhtmlxcombo.js file

While it possible to configure tags used for the data loading, the
XPaths for configuration are hardcoded, you can’t set them from js API.
>>( dhtmlxgrid.js, line 3948+ - //rows/head,  //rows/head/column , etc.) 

>>In your case , grid’s data correctly loaded, but configuration can’t be read, and as result view is empty.

i tried to change

this.xmlLoader.doXPath("//rows/head", xmlDoc) to this.xmlLoader.doXPath("//recordset/head", xmlDoc) and so on for all “//rows…” to “//recordset…” but it didn’t work.

Later i revert back to “//row…”

now when i try to get data with head section, it requires me to have … tag for data. Is it also somewhere hard coded?? the xml without head tag works with any custom tag instead of “…”. the ironic is i can put any custom tag for “…”.

Sample of grid with combo sent by email

I didn’t receive any email.

The letter was definitely sent to the email used for this post creation.
If you didn’t receive it - please contact us directly at support@dhtlmx.com and provide any alternative email address.