horizontal scrolling is very buggy

Hello,

I have noticed that horizontal scrolling is very buggy.

Take the following example:
http://docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/03_scales/07_minutes_scale.html

On chrome it is displaying fine.
On safari it is very choppy, it snaps from left to right and back.
On firefox its not working at all. I am not able to scroll horizontally here.

Can someone confirm this is a bug? And is there a solution for it?

i see that the scrolling on firefox is a known issue, so i’ll sit this one out untill the next version is released in 2 weeks, maybe it will handle safari as well

Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know that gantt scrolls fine for me. I’m using Firefox 24.7.0 on Linux.

Best,
Fred S

Hello,

i would like to get back to you guys about this issue. The problem in firefox is fixed since the latest version. The safari problem thou, still exists. When you scroll in safari, it is very laggy, jumping from one place to another. Is there any news about this?

you can see it in the following demo: docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/08 … weaks.html

Be sure to use the safari browser.

Please try to use the latest Gantt 3.1
If problem still occurs - please provide info about used MacOs version.
Also is problem occurs with mouse or touchpad actions ?

Sorry for my late reply.

macosx version: 10.9.5
safari version: 7.1
Using the magic mouse

My colleague has the same problem using the following specs:
macosx version: 10.10
safari version: 8.0
using the magic trackpad

We are using the latest development version. (enterprise dition)

We’re using the Gantt 3.1 version and are seeing similar jerky horizontal scrolling behavior in Safari. We’ve experiencing it both in Mac OS 10.9.x (Mavericks) and 10.10 (Yosemite) using Safari 7 and 8 respectively. The same behavior occurs using either a magic mouse or laptop trackpad. Like has also been mentioned in this thread, this seems to be specific to Safari, we’re not seeing the issue in Firefox or Chrome.

Hi,
we’ve confirmed that the problem with scrolling on Safari still exists in gantt 3.1. We’ll try to address it in the nearest time
If you open a ticket in support system, or send me a pm with your license number I can send you a fix when it will be ready. Hopefully it will be fixed by the end of the week