How to disabled Editor

Hello!
I can’t find how to disabled the Editor on the documentation page, does Editor exist this Method ? anyway please show me how to disabled it. thanks a lot.

Hello
You need to get toolbar object from editor and call toolbar’s method disableItem via method forEachItem:

var eD = editor.base.toolbar; eD.forEachItem(function(itemId){ eD.disableItem(itemId); });

Thank for your reply!
Your code just disable the toolbar.I want to disable Both Editor’textbox and Editor’toolbar.
I try to run this code,but it dose not work.

var contentBox = editor.base.textbox; var contentBox = editor.base.content; var contentBox = editor.base.iframe;or

editor.editor.disabled=ture; editor.editor.contentEditrable=false;
Please give me smoe advice.

If you use editor as a form item, you can use form.lock() to disable the whole editor at once.

More you can use
editor.setReadonly(true);

Hello,Darya!

editor.setReadonly(true);

This methor is not exist,and the from.lock() can’t disable Editor.
Do you have other way to disable the Editor?
This is my code:

var editor = new dhtmlXEditor("editorObj"); editor.base.toolbar.forEachItem(function (itemId) { editor.base.toolbar.disableItem(itemId); }); editor.init();
and I use vs2012.

form.lock() exactly disables an editor with all its buttons:

Hello!
I devlop project with C#, form.lock() is not exist. Can you give me a asp.net demo witch disable the Editor.

Hi

form.lock() is on client side in javascript, not in asp

1. update form/editor to latest versions
  2. if this will not help - please provide completed demo includong all corresponding js/css files, you also can send it to support@dhtmlx.com

Thank you two!
I can disable Editor with your help. I download the latest versions ,and call editor.setReadonly(true), Editor like an obedient sheep :laughing:

You are welcome!