how to force field validation

Hi,

i have a form and a toolbar.

my toolbar is used to save the form (by the .send() function) .

1. i notice that if i update a field in my form and i click the save button in my toolbar, the new field value is incorrect.

2. if i update the field and then i put focus on a new field, then click on my tool bar, the new field value is correct.

do you have a function to force the validation of the field in that case (so for making case 1 ok)?
thanks

any news ?

perhaps i was not clear :

when losing the focus in a dhtmlxform input field by clicking OUTSIDE the dhtmlx form, the field is not considered by the form as filled. in my case i use a toolbar button to save the form, but the last updated input field is not considered with the good value.

when losing the focus in a dhtmlxform input field by clicking INSIDE the form (another input field) or by typing ENTER, the field is considered by the form as filled.

i join a sample file to explain the issue

click on the input field name, empty the field

click on validate in the toolbar : no validation error is triggered (although, the name field has validate = “NotEmpty”) : it assume that the field is not updated !!!

click on the input field id
click on validate in the toolbar : a validation error is triggered, that’s correct

thanks if you find a soluce.
test_form.zip (1.24 KB)

Hello.

Thanks for info and for demo.
Problem confirmed.

Hello,

issue fixed.
please use dhtmlxform.js from attached demo.
02.zip (55.9 KB)

I was experiencing the same problem and can confirm that the update has fixed the problem for me.

It took some time to even work out that it was the input item that had focus that was not being save. At first it seemed random that some fields would save and others would not…

thank goodness for the forum.

solved for me too.

thanks a lot !!!