How to improve dhtmlxtree performance?

Hi Team

I had about 2500 leaves in my tree, but it always took about 25 seconds to loading all data, so i thought there must be a method to improve my tree’s performance.

Below was my code I wrote in my tree file:

It would be a big help if I could improve my tree performance from 25 seconds to about 10 seconds.

Best wishes,

Judo

Hello,

how many nodes does the tree load at once ?

Hi Alexandra,
If I caught what you pointed, below was the description:
RootNode
SubNode1
Sub-SubNode1

Sub-SubNode4
SubNode2
Sub-SubNode1

Sub-SubNode4
SubNode3
Sub-SubNode1

Sub-SubNode4

SubNode6
Sub-SubNode1

Sub-SubNode4

The total nodes (include root node, sub-nodes… and end-leaves) were about 3500.

This time I got a strange thing, I loaded this tree in IE, it’d take me about 22 seconds but If I loaded this tree in Chrome, it just took me about 4 seconds.

So what could I do for this?

Thanks,

Judo520

Hello,

I asked not about the total number of nodes and nodes that are loaded initially. Dynamic loading is the functionality that allow to load data by portion. For example you can load only 2 first levels by loadXML method. In your case it is 1+6 =7 nodes - loading can’t take a lot of time in this case.

This time I got a strange thing, I loaded this tree in IE, it’d take me about 22 seconds but If I loaded this tree in Chrome, it just took me about 4 seconds.

tree executes the methods in all browsers. The difference in time is caused by browsers performance.

Hi Alexandra,

->For example you can load only 2 first levels by loadXML method. In your case it is 1+6 =7 nodes - loading can’t take a lot of time in this case.

You mean I should use 3 loadXMLs or more loadXMLs to load my tree in codes?

Best wishes,

Jundong

Hello,

You mean I should use 3 loadXMLs or more loadXMLs to load my tree in codes?

No, I don’t mean that. loadXML loads items that are rendered intially. Others will be loaded from page defined in setXMLAutoLoading when it’s necessary.

The article about dynamic loading and the sample are:

docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … erformance

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ading.html