How to parse recurring type

Hi,

I have added so many events in my scheduler including normal events and recurring events. In another JSP page i want to display all the events according to the date criteria(event start date and end date). I can populate all the normal events in that JSP page. but I’m not able to populate child events inside recurring events because its using the rec_type like “month_1.3834290534258234e+56___#no”.

Is there any inbuilt method is available for parsing the recurring events or i should manually parse it ?
because i want to populate the result in another JSP page.
Please help me to solve this problem.

Regards,
Jobin K Joseph

Hello,

Are you trying to get events on the client- or server-side?

Best regards,
Ilya

Hi,

I want the events on server side.

Regards,
Jobin K Joseph

Hello, Joseph.

Unfortunately there is no built in solution for such case.
In our plugin version of scheduler we have get_dates(from, to) function which will return array of events for the specified dates (it parses recurring events as well).
You can adopt it to your project.

I am sorry I can’t be of more help here.

Best regards,
Ilya

Thanks Ilya.

Hello,

As another option you can save recurring events not as a single record with rec_type but as a separate records. This was done before and I believe you can search forum for examples.

Best regards,
Ilya

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I got the examples from the forum, for storing recurring events as separate records.
But if I’m creating a recurring event with “No end date”, how many records it will create ?

Regards,
Jobin K Joseph

Hello,

Indeed there is a problem with no end dates events as you would need to insert infinite records into database. You need to impose such limit yourself and insert events, for example, till 2015.

Best regards,
Ilya

Thanks for the information.