How to Select a Row in a read only table

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why I cannot select a row in my grid. I believe it has to do with the fact that I have my table cells as read only. What I am trying to achieve is the following:

I want to display a grid to the user and allow them to select a row (not edit). Then I want them to be able to hit an edit or delete button. All of my rows are currently “ro”. Is this the reason I cannot due this? Also, is there a way to get the rows to highlight as the mouse moves over the rows?

basically I am looking to achieve the same effect as the demo on the main page, but with read-only cells. The following is the definition for my grid:

var gridskin = “modern”;

var gridimgs = “js/grid/imgs/”;

mssGrid = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘managedSavedSearchGrid’);

mssGrid.setHeader(“ID,Search Name,Description,User,Task Order,AOI,Mission,Date Created,Primary Search,Logical Op,Secondary Search,Max Conf,Min Conf,Collections,Languages,File Types,From Date,From Time,To Date,To Time,Stemming”);

mssGrid.setInitWidths(“50,140,200,100,120,120,160,100,160,50,160,50,50,160,150,150,80,70,80,70,50”);

mssGrid.setColAlign(“center,left,left,center,left,left,left,center,left,center,left,left,left,left,left,left,center,center,center,center,center”);

mssGrid.setColTypes(“coro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro”);

//mssGrid.enableLightMouseNavigation(true);

mssGrid.setColSorting(“int,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,int,int,str,str,str,str,str,str,str,str”);

mssGrid.setImagePath(gridimgs);

mssGrid.setSkin(gridskin);

mssGrid.init();

TIA

Mike

that I have my table cells as read only
doesn’t affect select-ability

The init code is correct and must work without problems
Be sure that
- dhtmlxgrid.css included
- you have not style defined for each row in XML ( it will override color of selected row )
- each row has unique ID, if ids non unique or just empty - the row will be not selectable

OMG!

thank you, that was it. I was using an incorrect value for the id.

So far I have been impressed with the product and your responsiveness (< 24hrs) to questions. If this is the kind of feedback I can expect I anticipate that we will be purchasing this product (possibly the suite) for our application.

Again, thank you for the prompt responsiveness.