How to sync Lightbox with calendar entry with database

In the screen shot below, I highlight the problem I am having syncing and formatting the Lightbox timepicker with the calendar entry timepicker with the time coming in from the server-side database.

I want the calendar entry to show time in %g:%i %A format.
I want the Lightbox title bar to show time in %g:%i %A format.
I want the Lightbox time selectors to pre-select the time to match what comes in from the database.

How do I do this?

Hi,
date format can be changed either using event_header template
snippet.dhtmlx.com/84afb07ea
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__ … plate.html

And for syncing event with the db - if I undestand correctly is that you want to pull event from the database when user starts editing the event in order to ensure that the lightbox shows data that is up to date.
As for general approach it may be a bit out of the expected data flow of component, since by default it expects you to load the data and work with it completely on the client-side, providing backend only with update requests. In order to keep the data up do date you either periodically reload it (i.e. setInterval and scheduler.clearAll/scheduler.load) or setup a live update which is currently implemented as a separate service (nodejs) which broadcasts changes between clients using websocket.
For backend validation you can capture server response and if you realize that the client-side data is invalid - you reload it.
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/live_update.html
docs.dhtmlx.com/api__dataproces … event.html - dataprocessor is a component that is embedded into dhtmlx scheduler and used for sending update/delete/insert actions to the backend
You can implement things differently, but it will take more coding.

However the lightbox feature can be implemented quite easily

1. you capture event that fires before lightbox is opened
  2. inside the handler you prevent it from showing and call ajax loading for the required event
  3. after event is reloaded, you set some flag variable in order not to prevent lightbox again at step (1) and invoke lightbox from code
    At code level it can look somehow like this
    js:

var needsConfirmation = true; scheduler.attachEvent("onBeforeLightbox", function (id){ if(needsConfirmation){ scheduler.load("yourDataUrl?id="+id, function(){// call loading and pass event id to the backend needsConfirmation = false; scheduler.showLightbox(id); }); return false;// block lightbox } else { return true;// allow lightbox } }); scheduler.attachEvent("onLightbox", function (id){ needsConfirmation = true;// reset flag });
php:

[code]$scheduler = new schedulerConnector($res, $dbtype);

// if request specifies event id - load only that event
if(isset($_GET[“id”])){
$scheduler->filter(“id”, $_GET[“id”]);
}
$scheduler->render_table(“events”,“event_id”,“start_date,end_date,event_name,details”);[/code]
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__ … event.html
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__ … event.html

Thanks @Aliaksandr.

I got the time to format okay on the event box on the calendar and the lightbox header/title. But I am just at a loss on how to get my time drop-down lists in lightbox to sync with my incoming data from my MySQL Table.

Here is my complete code so far if it helps in anyway.

<!--  D H T M L X   C A L E N D A R  -->
            <div id="scheduler_here" class="dhx_cal_container" style="border:0.25em solid #bcbcbc;height:600px;width:100%;">
              <div class="dhx_cal_navline">
                <div class="dhx_cal_prev_button">&nbsp;</div>
                <div class="dhx_cal_next_button">&nbsp;</div>
                <div class="dhx_cal_today_button"></div>
                <div class="dhx_cal_date"></div>
                <div class="dhx_cal_tab" name="day_tab" style="right:204px;"></div>
                <div class="dhx_cal_tab" name="week_tab" style="right:140px;"></div>
                <div class="dhx_cal_tab" name="month_tab" style="right:76px;"></div>
              </div>
              <div class="dhx_cal_header"></div>
              <div class="dhx_cal_data"></div>
            </div>
            <script>

// reformat the date header block and weekday column label on the "Week View"
              scheduler.templates.week_date = function( start, end ){ // date header block
                var formatFunc = scheduler.date.date_to_str( '%M. %j, %Y' );
                var fixEnd = scheduler.date.add( end, -1, 'day' ); // fixes the bug in the ending date range in date header block
                return formatFunc( start ) + ' to ' + formatFunc( fixEnd );
              };
              scheduler.templates.week_scale_date = function( date ){ // weekday column label
                var formatFunc = scheduler.date.date_to_str( '%l %n/%j' );
                return '<strong>' + formatFunc( date ) + '</strong>';
              };

// reformat the date header block on the "Day View"
              scheduler.templates.day_date = function( date ){ // header block
                var formatFunc = scheduler.date.date_to_str( '%l, %F %j, %Y' );
                return formatFunc( date );
              };
              scheduler.templates.day_scale_date = function( date ){ // column label
                return '<strong>Daily Schedule</strong>';
              };

// reformat time scale on left side of calendar on "Day View" and "Week View"
              scheduler.templates.hour_scale = function( time ){
                var formatFunc = scheduler.date.date_to_str( '%g %A' );
                var formatted = formatFunc( time );
                var splitted = formatted.split( ' ' );
                return '<span style="font-size:2.0em">' + splitted[0] + '</span> <sup>' + splitted[1] + '</sup>';
              };

// reformat time scale on start,end dropdown lists on "Day View" and "Week View"
              scheduler.templates.time_picker = scheduler.date.date_to_str( '%g:%i %A' );

// reformat time scale on start,end dropdown lists on "Day View" and "Week View"
              var headerDateToString = scheduler.date.date_to_str( '%g:%i %A' );
              scheduler.templates.event_header = function( start, end, event ){
                return  headerDateToString( start ) + " &ndash; " + headerDateToString( end );
              }

// scheduler config settings
              scheduler.xy.menu_width = 0; // opens Lightbox on double-click
              scheduler.config.details_on_dblclick = true; // opens Lightbox on double-click
              scheduler.config.details_on_create = true; // opens Lightbox on double-click
              scheduler.config.time_step = 30;
              scheduler.config.start_on_monday = false; // calendar starts on Sunday when `false` and Monday when `true`
              scheduler.config.month_day = "%j"; // Day date without leading zero when `%j` and leading zero when `%d`
              scheduler.config.event_duration = 60; //specify the event duration in minutes for the auto_end_time parameter on the LightBox
              scheduler.config.auto_end_date = true; //specify the event duration in minutes for the auto_end_time parameter on the LightBox
              scheduler.config.full_day  = true; // enables the Full Day checkbox on the LightBox
              //scheduler.config.repeat_date = "%m/%d/%Y"; // for recurring
              //scheduler.config.include_end_by = true; // for recurring
              //scheduler.config.repeat_precise = true; // for recurring
              scheduler.config.wide_form = false;

var availability_options = [
                { key: 1, label: 'ANY' },
                { key: 2, label: 'HOURS' },
                { key: 4, label: 'OFF' }
              ];

scheduler.locale.labels.section_select1 = 'Availability';
              scheduler.locale.labels.section_employees = 'Employees';
              scheduler.locale.labels.section_time = 'Start - End';
              scheduler.config.lightbox.sections = [

{ name:“employees”, height:40, map_to:“name”, type:“select”, options:scheduler.serverList( “employees”, [
{ key: 193, label: ‘Jones, Sally’ },
{ key: 020, label: ‘Smith, Joe’ },
] ) },
{ name:“select1”, height:40, type:“select”, options:availability_options, focus:true },
{ name:“Comment”, height:50, map_to:“text”, type:“textarea” },
//{ name:“recurring”, height:72, type:“recurring”, map_to:“rec_type”, button:“recurring”},
{ name:“time”, height:72, type:“time”, map_to:“auto”, time_format:[“%H:%i”] }
];

scheduler.templates.event_text = scheduler.templates.event_bar_text = function( start, end, event ){
var employees = scheduler.serverList(“employees”);
for( var i=0; i<employees.length; i++ ){
if( employees[i].key == event.employees ){
return employees[i].label;
}
}
return ‘’;
};

// function to set scroll view focus to specified hour
              function scrollToHour( hour ){
                var dataContainer = document.querySelector( '.dhx_cal_data' );
                dataContainer.scrollTop = ( ( hour - scheduler.config.first_hour ) * scheduler.config.hour_size_px );
              }

// initialization command to load the DHTMLX Scheduler Calendar
              scheduler.init( 'scheduler_here', new Date(), 'week' ); // must go last
              scrollToHour( ( new Date() ).getHours() ); // scroll focus to current hour on calendar load
              scheduler.attachEvent( 'onViewChange', function ( new_mode , new_date ){ // scroll focus to current hour on view change
                if( new_mode == 'day' || new_mode == 'week' ){
                  scrollToHour( ( new Date() ).getHours() );
                }
              });

// load the calendar events from the database
              scheduler.parse([
                { id:1, start_date:"03/16/2017 10:30", end_date:"03/16/2017 14:30", type:"Driver", name:"020", text:"test 2", color:"blue", textColor:"White", rec_type:"", eventPID:"0", eventLength:"0", },
              ],"json");

</script>
            <style>
              .dhx_save_btn_set {
                background-color: #0275d8; /* Bootstrap blue (default) */
              }
              .dhx_delete_btn_set {
                background-color: #d9534f; /* Bootstrap red (danger) */
              }
            </style>
            <!--  D H T M L X   C A L E N D A R  -->

Hi,
please check my reply here forum.dhtmlx.com/viewtopic.php? … 87#p147887

Okay to close this post. Everything is figured out except for the drop down times. That conversation will remain at forum.dhtmlx.com/viewtopic.php? … art=0&sd=d

Thanks @Aliaksandr !!