Hw does it work?? (Layout & Header)

Hi!!

Well I must admit I have some troubles understanding how all this works reading your manual full of coding … I am having pbs with the most basic thing, trying to use a layout and menu, followed the instructions but nothing happens… Always get a very nice blank page… checked all links everything ok but there is something I am propably missing…my question is … is there anywhere I could find a tutorial designed for total beginners like me ? Many thanks in advance

Hello,

the documentation ( dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxL … /menu.html )

Regarding the black page. Please, be sure that all necessary libraries are included. If the issue still persists, you can provide the demo. We’ll try to help.

Thanks for your reply…well I try ;;but not simple really…from what I see what I really need for my project is Tabbar,I’d like to use one of the predesigned template which seems the best option  so looking at the doc , I get this piece of code :

<

<div id=a_tabbar style=width:400;height:100></div>
<div id=b_tabbar style=width:400;height:100></div>
<script>

//use one of predefined schemas
tabbar=new dhtmlXTabBar(a_tabbar,top);
tabbar.setImagePath("…/…/imgs/");
tabbar.setStyle(silver);

//define custom schema. paths are related to images directory set with setImagePath method
customStyleSchema = [custom/p_left.gif,custom/p_middle.gif,custom/p_right.gif,
custom/a_left.gif,custom/a_middle.gif,custom/a_right.gif,
custom/p_middle_over.gif,5,6,6,false,false,false];

tabbar2=new dhtmlXTabBar(c_tabbar,top);
tabbar2.setImagePath("…/…/imgs/");
tabbar2.setStyle(custom);
</script>
>

But I really don’t see how to place that in an html page … I am a bit code literatte but not familiar with this at all… but I cannot see how this piece of code can work as a standalone… could you please be kind enough to show me “us”, an example of clean html page with this code inserted so we can just duplicate and understand …
For information I have put the Tabbar folders on my local server and have a regular index.html page ;;blank waiting to know what code should go where…
Many thanks for your time

ok…well after fiddling around seems I managed to get somewhere… the nly thing I still cannot work out is how to insert the content into the tabs… :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot, here is where i am so far…:

<>

Predefined designs

<script  src=“codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js”>
    <script  src=“codebase/dhtmlxtabbar.js”>

Sample: dhtmlxTabbar Predefined designs dhtmlxTabbar main page
X

winDflt

Modern

Silver

© DHTMLX LTD. All rights reserved

<>

Hello,

content can be added using different ways.

For example, in case of “iframes” loading mode you can define “href” attribute in the xml and that page will be loaded into tabbar iframe:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<tabbar  hrefmode=“iframes”>

Google

Please, take a look at  the samples that demonstrates adding content:

dhtmlxTabbar/samples/loading_creating_tabs_content/

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxT … s_content/

Thanks for your help…I finally managed to get somewhere… Need to perfect all this now…thanks for your time