IE 8 Caching

Hi,
I’ve some trouble with IE8 caching, when I open a node with lots of children (more than 5000), my browser’s memory increase (250 mb), and when I destruct the tree, IE8 don’t free the memory. So when I reload this tree and open again the big node, the memory increase more and more (250 → 300). After some navigation, I’ve a memory of 600mb because of IE8 Caching…

I’ll try to use increasing loading method like enableSmartRendering, or enableSmartXMLParsing, this permit to decrease memory used, but don’t free the memory.

I’ll try to use the method preventIECaching(true), but don’t change anything, what’s the aim of this method ?

Someone has an idea to free the memory of IE8 like chrome do ?

Thanks.

Hello,

Garbage collector of old IE versions don’t release all elements until page reloading.

You did not specify what approach you are using to reload the tree. However, it would be better to delete tree elements and load new xml or json:

tree.deleteChildItems(0);
tree.loadJSON(url);

Json is more compact than xml. So, if your tree contains a lot of items, json loading will be finished faster.

I’ll try to use the method preventIECaching(true), but don’t change anything, what’s the aim of this method ?

this method adds a random number as a parameter to url that is defined in loadMXL method - so, the browser will load actual data, not cached.