IE - lightbox hide/show on checkbox

Hi there,
I have a heavily customised lightbox form, which will hide or show certain sections/nodes based on whether the user checks or unchecks a checkbox. This works fine in FF.
In IE, I find that I have to additionally click (anywhere) on the lightbox form after checking or unchecking the checkbox, to show or hide the fields.
Is there anyway I can get around this?

thank you in advance!

regards,
Rose

Not quite sure, but it looks as some repainting issue, you can try to alter some style of top level lightbox container, each time when part of sections is closed | shown, which will trigger area repainting.

If issue still occurs for you - please provide any kind of sample or demo link where it can be reconstructed.

hi there,
thanks for your help.

I traced the problem to the following IE bug:

webbugtrack.blogspot.com/2007/11 … perly.html

[i]bug 193 - onchange does not fire properly on IE radio buttons and checkboxes
Issue: #193
Affects: IE5, IE5.5, IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9 PP4

The onchange event can be attached (inline or as an event handler) to any form element. It fires whenever the value of the form field changes. Unfortunately, the behavior is a bit strange in IE, in that for a checkbox, or a radio button field, the event doesn’t fire when it is supposed to (right when you click the option you want to choose), but instead it only fires, when you click elsewhere on the page/form, or if you explicitly call blur(); on the field.[/i]

I managed to get it working by using their suggested workaround - which is to use the onclick event rather than onchange event.

thanks,
Rose