IE10 doesn't work at all?

just bought vault a few days ago, so I’m sure to have to latest version;
while using Chrome works ok, using IE (version 10) doesn’t work at all; you cannot “add files” and you cannot drag anything inside the component;
as IE is still often used by the end users, how could it be that is not supported?
there is surely a roundabout for that … but where?
thank you!

Could you provide us completed demo on support@dhtmlx.com with a link to this post? We need to inspect it locally.
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=othe … leted_demo

it’s not necessary;
just test your online live demo at
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ndex.shtml
thank you!

Hello

tested in firefox 3.6.4 and firefox 10.0.2 - all works fine, IE6 also works fine. If you still have problems, please open ticket in support system, we will try to help you.

sorry, Andrei … I don’t understand your answer;
maybe I was not clear enough … I’ll try it again;
I just wanted to say I bought prof version of vault, and it worked fine on Google Chrome;
I said that Internet Explorer 10, that means version 10 of Internet Explorer, that means the usual version you’ll now have if you have automatically updates of Windows, don’t work with this component;
I didn’t say I had problems in Firefox (I didn’t even tested it) but just in Internet Explorer 10, which is the actual version of IE; I didn’t test it with IE6, as it would be rather useless, as very few users have those version installed, and I don’t really care if it works with a browser of 2001 (!);
if a user had this version, I would suggest to update it … but if a user had the actual version, what could I do?
So I don’t understand; what do you mean “if I still have problems”? obviously I still have problems, as your answer is not concerning my question; should I open a ticket in the support system to say that the actual version of vault doesn’t work with the actual version of IE, which is still one of the most used browser? I cannot believe you meant that, anyway …
as it is surely obvious that a brand new component works with a new browser, I could imagine there is a bug anywhere … and I could imagine the technician already know this problem (as it would be a problems of a lot and a lot of users) and maybe they have a quick solution to that;
the docs say “Cross-browser support” and that usually mean “working with all new browsers”;
maybe the problem is concerning this sentence of docs? “HTML4, HTML5, Flash or Silverlight modes (auto-selected depending on a browser)” … could it be the auto-selection doesn’t work well?
but it would be very simple to test: just take the example on the webpage and IE10 … do they work?

Hi

usually we test all IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera versions before release. And locally it works fine. Also we make tests after release on site. Also works fine locally. As you mentioned IE I told you that it works even with version 6. Also I made some tests with older versions of firefox - it also works.

Probably there some problems with settings or addons of your internet explorer or something else. For this case we usually ask for completed demo including all corresponding js/css files or direct link. To skip sharing private information I suggested to move our discussion to support system, it not public like a forum.

But taking into account you’re talking about demo on our site - I need some kind of video with opened console. Also please enable IE’s debugger and if it will stop script also provide screenshots. Also I need list of installed IE plugins and version of flash player if you have it.

I made a few tests, and the problem seems to be either the operating system or the language of the browser;

• local IE10, German, Windows 8: is not working at all
    (I don’t use IE, so the installation is the typical Windows configuration when you buy the
    notebook, and automatic updates from time to time; no special use)
  • our customers, IE9 and IE10, Italian and German, Windows 7: is not working at all
  • IE10 on our server (almost exactly the same sub-version), English, Windows 2008: is working!
    I add a few screenshots for showing the problem; in the meantime I will switch our cms-system to the older-but-working dhtmlxform-uploader;
    could be fine if we could use this component in the future (unfortunately a large part of our customer is using IE);
    thank you!
    Giovanni
    dhtml.zip (356 KB)

we’ll send you details via email

sorry, got no mail up to now (your mail is not blocked, as we get mails from forum@dhtmlx.com);
could you please resend it or post the solution here? thanks!

thank you for your private mail;
I’m answering here, as it could be interesting to other programmers;
Vault works really fine, but it doesn’t accept that IE’s compatibility mode is active;
in that case, no window pops up to select the file to upload;
many thanks to your team for you professional help! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I’ve just spent my afternoon scratching my head…
(was browsing samples/docs with chrome and developping/testing with IE10)
… before I found your post :unamused:
Thanks leonardo for sharing this!