IE8 and grid.addRow(...) Problems

In IE8 adding a row on pos 0 with:

mygrid.addRow(newId, "*, , , , ,", 0);

and afterwards selecting the second cell of the new record for editing with:

mygrid.selectRow(0, true, false, true); mygrid.selectCell(0, 1, false, false, true, true);
only works, when on the first page with smart rendering. Scrolling forward a few pages and doing this causes IE8 to throw a JS Error in dhtmlxgridcells.js line 43, column 623.
Firefox works wunderfull and no JS errors.
Anyone having the same issue?
We just put the “selectCell” in to a try/catch block:

try { mygrid.selectCell(0, 1, false, false, true, true); } catch ( ex ) { ; };
But that’s a stupid workaround and it should do the select.
Any Ideas?

Do you load all rows at one or use dynamic loading? selectRow() method expected at appropriate row is loaded to the client side.

scrolling forward a few pages and doing this causes IE8 to throw a JS Error in dhtmlxgridcells.js line 43, column 623
Can you provide text of the error?

But why is that working fine in FireFox then?

dynamic loading with smart rendering.
The row which should be selected is row # 0
This has been added with addRow(…,0) just one line before
When this particular row in not within the viewport, IE shows a JS error (yellow exclamation mark bottom left corner) as soon as the row gets selected with selectRow(…)
Opening the error message only says “Invalid character at line 43, column 623 in dhtmlxgridcell.js”.

I don’t have a screenshot yet since I need to rollback the workaround in order to reproduce. If necessary I will provide one, of course, but IMHO the description stays as poor as it is due to IE8.

SOLVED

just added a

mygrid.showRow(mygrid.getRowId(0));

right before the addRow. This positions the grid back to the first page and then adds the record at position 0. Works in IE and FF.

Should also be mentioned in the doc saving hours of investigation and fiddling around with workarounds.