In the tree when using OnMouseIn to squeeze html out of auto

In the tree when using OnMouseIn to squeeze html out of auto-tooltips, item styles are sometimes left in the wrong state.

I tried to do the following (edited because it was in vb render trigger)

oTree.attachEvent(“onMouseIn”, function(sNodeID){ BaseTreeMouseIn(oTree, sNodeID); } );

where

function BaseTreeMouseIn(oTree, sNodeID)

{

var sTooltipOrg = oTree.getItemTooltip(sNodeID);

if( AppRoot.IsEmpty(sTooltip) )

{

sTooltipOrg = oTree.getItemText(sNodeID);

}

var sTooltip = sTooltipOrg.replace(/</?[^>]+(>|$)/g, ‘’);

if( sTooltip != sTooltipOrg )

{

oTree.setItemText(sNodeID,oTree.getItemText(sNodeID),sTooltip);

}

}

If I hover over items in a large tree quickly moving from itme to item sometimes the display gets out of whack (multiple items have the onmoseover type style).

I tried various tricks involving setTimeout, which vastly improved things, but the problem still occurs occasionally, both in IE7 and IE8.

Any ideas on how to fix the problem, short of losing the nice effect of have a distinct style when the mouse is over an item, or having to explicitly set the tooltips (which would nearly double the size of the client xml)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tom

Hello,

the issue can be caused by some error that occurs in BaseTreemouseIn function.

Try to place this code into try - catch block. If it solves the issue, the reason for the issue is somewhere in your code…:

function BaseTreeMouseIn(oTree, sNodeID)
{

try{
var sTooltipOrg = oTree.getItemTooltip(sNodeID);
if( AppRoot.IsEmpty(sTooltip) )
sTooltipOrg = oTree.getItemText(sNodeID);
var sTooltip = sTooltipOrg.replace(/</?[^>]+(>|$)/g, ‘’);
if( sTooltip != sTooltipOrg )
oTree.setItemText(sNodeID,oTree.getItemText(sNodeID),sTooltip);

}

catch(e){}
}

I put everything inside a try catch (I was very hopeful as that would have been easy) – but the problem remains.

Please, provide the sample or direct link to the problematic page (it can be sent to support@dhtmlx.com)