Initial width of columns

Hello,

I am using DHTMLX 4.0.3 and I have an issue with the initial widths of the columns. If I don’t set an initial width I thought that the grid would fit just right in its container and that it resizes on its own - that’s how it has been in all DHTMLX Versions I’ve worked with.

But now: If I don’t set an initial width and set one coloumn hidden, that space is still allocated and the widths of the coloumns is not calculated like this:

coloumnWidth = width of the screen / number of coloumns - number of hidden coloumns

it’s just calculated like this:

coloumnWidth = width of the screen / number of coloumns

this leads to the issue that at the end of the grid there is always some not used space and resizing doesn’t work properly. On the picture you can see what happens if i don’t set an initial width and hide one coloumn. Is that some known issue? If not, how can i solve this?

img5.fotos-hochladen.net/thumbna … _thumb.jpg

If I don’t set an initial width I thought that the grid would fit just right in its container and that it resizes on its own - that’s how it has been in all DHTMLX Versions I’ve worked with.
But now: If I don’t set an initial width and set one coloumn hidden, that space is still allocated and the widths of the coloumns is not calculated like this:

Unfortunately the same behavior was in previous versions of the dhtmlxgrid.
I suggest you to use the sertInitWidths() method.