Inline editor for links not working

I am seeing an issue where the inilne editor for predecessor links is not working. I click on the field for the link and the text field for editing the link does not show up. I don’t see any errors in the console. This seems to happen when the autoscheduling functionality is invoked. Please advise as to how to fix this issue. Thanks.

Hello,
Unfortunately, I couldn’t reproduce it.
Here is a sample with the predecessors column where you can add predecessors from the inline editor (you need to specify the WBS code to link tasks):
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/dded8a75d
If that doesn’t help you, please reproduce the issue in the snippet, then click on the “Share” button and copy the link.

hello,
I have the same problem,In my case,I filled in the WBS code in the “predecessors” field and saw that the links had been added, but the “predecessors” field in the task had not been updated, nor did I send an update request to the server. I just saw the example you provided, and the example doesn’t work.you can have a try.
I don’t know where the problem is,could you help me solve it?

Thanks!

Hi @virgil!

The info about predecessors is stored in the objects of the links, but not in the objects of the tasks.
The expected output of the predecessors editor is the adding, editing and deletion of link objects. Nothing should be written to the task objects.

In this GIF you can see that links data has been sent to the server after predecessor editing:
http://recordit.co/MsYsEMm1Ut

Does it help you in any way, or do you need something different?

guldmi,

I already know the principle, but I have a question, so the calculation based on input WBS can only be the default FS type connection. What if you want to input other types like SS and delay like MS project? Will subsequent products add this functionality and Will support drag-and-drop be used to fill text in the future?

Thanks!

Hi @virgil!

What if you want to input other types like SS and delay like MS project? Will subsequent products add this functionality

In the current version of the Gantt Chart, you can add only the FS type connection using inline editor. But in the future, we plan to add functionality for choosing different types.
But I can not give ETA.

Will support drag-and-drop be used to fill text in the future?

We also plan to add this functionality in the future.