I am using dhtmlxTree (v.3.0 build 110707) with automatic dataProcesser. When a node is in edit mode (after double click), no matter the text changed or not, the insertNewChild call creates a child node on the page. But after that I always get the following error when click on any node:
The next error ocured :
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘childNodes’ of null in …/jslib/js/dhtmlx/dhtmlxTree/codebase/ext/dhtmlxtree_ed.js at line 10
What could I do to solve this?
Please, make and attach completed demo to reproduce your issue:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=othe … leted_demo
I actually found the similar issue on your online sample:
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … data.html#
The following steps will lead to the childNode error:
- Click the link “Add node as child of selected (or top)”
- Click the newly created “New item” node
- Click the link “Add node next to selected”
- Double click the 2nd node “New item”
- Click the link “Delete selected row”
- Click the 1st node “New Item”. Then the following javascritp error popup:
Error: ‘this._editCell.span.childNodes’ is null or not an object
Just changed the subject for the above scenario:
Re: delete a node in edit mode
We managed to reproduce the issue. Please, tell us the version of a tree you use?
Just want to add one little approach: you can stop edit before deleting item:
The dhtmlxTree version is: v.3.0 build 110707.
Download fixed version:
dhtmlxtree.zip (25.4 KB)