Is there a way to have grouped cells (colspan) in treegrid d

I need to have different groupings of cells in my treegrid based on the level of the node.  This is the basic way I need the XML but when I try this it does not work.  In fact, I can’t get any colspan to work in my treegrid right now, but I think that is because I do the configuration in script and load the data from the XML so it is ignoring the colspan in my XML.

Really long label for the tree column
      =sum[]

Text
         text
         text
         text

Text
         text
         text
         text

Any ideas on how to accomplish this layout?  Thanks!

Your XML is valid, and produce correct colspan.
Please be sure to call
      mygrid.enableCollSpan(true);     
in grid iniitialization code, without it all colspans in XML will be ignored.

The one more potencially problematic place in your XML is per-cell typing. While it will not cause direct errors , but using in treeGrid not tree cell for tree column can cause problems ( it was not tested, so I don’t sure )

<cell colspan=“4” type=“tree”>Really long label for the tree column
      =sum[]

<cell type=“ed”>Text
         text

While it fully safe in other cases, tree column maintains hierarchy , and it is not recomended to mix it with other types.

Thanks for the answer.  I was able to get the colspan working but now I have another problem.  The problem seems to be that when you use merged cells like this it throws off all the math calculations and cell types.  The [=sum] column sometimes does not refresh when linked cells udpate and in other configurations it will update but the cell type is lost (it looks like a normal [ed] cell rather than the [price] type that I specified).  It looks almost like when you merge cells then it will re-arrange the cell indexes for that row and when the _calcSCL function tries to format the new value it can’t figure out what cell type to use because that is based on _strangeParams which is driven from the cell indexes.

The code of grid work not with native cellIndexes, which are really broken by colspans, but by sintetic indexes which takes collspans in count.
The defatul math must work in case of collspans, but if the cell included  in math calculation things can became slightly strange,
Problem with =sum functionality confirmed and fixed, fix will be available as part of oncoming build.  ( please contact us directly at dhtmlx@scand.com if you need update ASAP )

Please if possible provide the data which cause problems for you, so I will be able to check is all problems fixed.