Javascript error with nuget package

I just installed a fresh installation using nuget. I also installed the sample MVC application.

When I run it, the application does hit the GetData() action, but no events from the data are ever displayed. The calendar only displays one all day event on December 8, 2012. Bringing up the javascript console in either Chrome or IE I see the following error:

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < dhtmlxscheduler.js:162
a.json.parse dhtmlxscheduler.js:162
a.on_load dhtmlxscheduler.js:161
(anonymous function) dhtmlxscheduler.js:161
check dhtmlxscheduler.js:9

Any ideas? I will try installing from the standard zip install and see if that is any different.

Can anyone help with this. I’ve tried several things and no matter what I do, I get the unexpected token error. I’m trying to evaluate this product. So far I can’t get it to work.

Thanks

Hi,

Bringing up the javascript console in either Chrome or IE I see the following error:
Nuget sample seem working to me,
Can you post the response of the Data action, or attach a small demo project where issue can be reproduced?

I was able to get it working by copying the code from the Rental application into my application. Now with minor changes, it is giving this error again. Surely I’m not the only one who has this happen? The error is: "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < "

Hi,
make sure you’ve specified correct path to the Data action and that the actions returns JSON.
This error may be thrown when scheduler tries to parse data(which is expected to be a json string) but meets html response from the server - it could be 404 or internal server error page.

Thanks. I figured it out. It had to do with authentication. When a certain user was logged in, they didn’t have access to the Data action, so an error was thrown back as html instead of JSON and then the scheduler was trying to access html tags “<” as json.

My mistake!