jQuery tooltips with combos

I’m struggling to get jQuery UI tooltips working with DHTMLX combos and was wondering if anyone had successfully got this working?

I have the title (for the tooltip) being set like this:

myCombo.DOMelem_input.title=“tooltip text”;

And then a callback running on the function that creates the combos from selects to create the tooltips:

doOnLoad(function () {
$(‘.dhxcombo_input’).tooltip();
});

But it’s not working and I can’t figure out why.

Has anyone else tried to do this and overcome the issue?

Hi

replace combo’s DOM_elem with getInput():

myCombo.getInput().title = "Hi there!";

jquery tooltip common init:

$(function() { $(document).tooltip(); });

and how to show manually:
stackoverflow.com/questions/130 … open-close

Thanks, that did the trick.

There was also another issue, the DHTMLX default theme was hiding the content (overflow:hidden;) so I edited the CSS making the following change:

div.dhxcombo_dhx_skyblue { overflow: visible; }

I have a further issue with this now.

When jQuery tooltips are enabled the div.tooltip is inserted on focus as the first element within div.dhxcombo_input.

This seems to be preventing dhtmlxcombo from setting the value in the hidden input (name=model in the example below).

I’ve not looked at the dhtmlxcombo code but I presume it is doing something with siblings, which the jQuery tooltip disrupts, rather than identifying elements by name.

Anyone know of a workaround for this?

Just noticed it’s actually twitter bootstrap tooltips that cause the conflict, not jQuery tooltips. I had a conflict between the two in my code.

So there is still an issue, it’s just with bootstrap tooltips, not jQuery tooltips.

Well,

how about to use dhtmlxPopup?
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxPopup/

Never realised that existed! Thanks for the suggestion.