jumping from grid to grid

Hi guys,

thanks to the usefulness of your products I have quite a lot of grids and trees now in my application ad all working good.

I am having a problem now thats happening when a user is jumpting quickly from one page/link to another. On each page there is a considerable init process from the onload() call when the various grids, dataprocessors etc. are initialised. If the user is patient, then this is ok and the page loads and they can use or switch to another page.

However, if they click on a link, but while the grids etc. are intiialising they then decide to go to another page, they get a blank alert box (firefox)… there is no message in it! I assume this is occuring because the initialisation of the grids etc. is interuppted mid operation and the browser is then trying to create a new grid for another page.

Have you ever experienced this and is there anyway to resolve/avoid?

thanks

Hello,

You can try to set a custom “LoadXML” error handler follows to avoid the described issue :

dhtmlxError.catchError(“LoadXML”,function(type, name, data){});

Hi, thanks for this Alex. I added this line

dhtmlxError.catchError(“LoadXML”,function(type, name, data){});

to the init function thats called on page load, but now I’m starting to see

Error type: LoadXML
Description: Incorrect XML

errors… Is there anything I was supposed to add to the catchError function?

Hello,

this is very weird behaviour. Please, check that you use exactly the dhtmlxError.catchError(“LoadXML”,function(type, name, data){}); code.

If the issue still occurs, please provide the link to the problematic page or code snippet to recreate the issue.