Keeping colours on a specific line regardless of time

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking around for something I can use for my client’s booking site and I think this is the way to go. However, I have a question. My client owns several properties and wants to implement a single calendar / scheduler to display bookings for all the properties. Each property has an assigned colour, but she would like it so that each colour remains on the same line - i.e. always red, blue, green, yellow in that order, regardless of whether or not a red property has been booked on a specific day / week. I have attached a simple mock up of what I mean - as you can see the orange bar is always at the bottom, even though there are no other bookings on the 8th.

I guess it’s best to imagine it like a rainbow - each colour remains on the same level every time, not based on how many booking are on that day. Is this possible to do? It looks like it works on a

basis, rather than table so I guess positioning with CSS could work?

Thanks
Michael

Hello,

Unfortunately we can’t provide you a solution how to implement it on Month view like on the image. All events occupy the first free space from the top.

Perhaps you can try using Timeline view. Demo: docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/5d7a4ed4
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__ … eview.html

To change event’s color, use event_class template docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/timel … lates.html

It’s also possible to hide sections if you don’t need them: docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/31a2cf7e

Yeah, I knew the timeline view could do it - but my client would ideally like to see an entire month’s bookings. What’s the maximum number of days you can view in timeline?

Depends on scale and “x_step” settings, and also screen widths. You can show even a year:
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/673a798b

Ah I see - thanks for that. The only other thing I’m wondering is, is it possible to switch the display so that the names would be along the top and the dates down the left side?

Yes, it is possible in Unit view.
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/units_view.html

But in this view you can have only hours on Y-scale and have a limited number of days on the X-scale, which also depends on the size of the array with sections(names). docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/units … ltipledays