Keyboard Navigation question

Hi,

I would like to know the best way to customize the behavior of TAB navigation.

I want my grid to skip past read-only columns and go to the next editable column (in both directions).

What would be the best way to achieve this?

Ok, I have found a part solution for the TAB-navigation (forward only though) by selecting the cell (mygrid.selectCell) just before the one I really want to move to, inside the onEditCell eventhandler.

Since the eventhandler returns true, the actual TAB is committed moving the cell that 1 extra index ahead hence hitting the cell I wanted to.

However, I don’t know how to apply this method for SHIFT + TAB (backwards navigation).

Does the grid have some kind of attribute for what previous cell_index and the next cell_index is?

If so, is it possible to manipulate these attributes so that given some criteria, I can change grid.previous_cell_index = 3 (instead of maybe 5 which was the real value) and grid.next_cell_index = 8 (instead of maybe 6 which was the real value), so that next time the user hits TAB the grid jumps to cell_index 8 and if the user hits SHIFT + TAB the grid jumps to cell_index 3?

The required behavior can be achieved with enableEditTabOnly() method:
docs.dhtmlx.com/api__dhtmlxgrid_ … bonly.html