September 4, 2013, 9:43am
Could you tell me where I can get the latest java connector. Your web site has version 1.5 dated back in 2012.
I have a newer version that is dated 2013 (I think was supplied here in the forum) but I don’t seem to have the corresponding connector.js for it.
For example, if I try to use the 1.5 version the GridConnector does not have the method GridConnector.filter() which is inherited from BaseConnector. Whereas the newer version does.
Can you please clarify if there is a later verison and where I can get this from.
We plan to officially release the next verson of connectors in next two weeks.
The version from the forum is the beta version, with dev. fixes and updates, which was not released yet ( all functionality from it will be available in the next official version )
September 5, 2013, 1:28pm
OK that’s great. can you confirm whether the following problem has been also fixed.
When using server side filtering along with connector.is_select_mode() an IndexOutOfBounds error occurs.
It appears that the config object is not initialised before this method is called. This can be tseted using something like:
GridConnector c = new GridConnector(con);
c.render_sql("select * from employee", "id", "name,dob,address");
c.render_table("employee", "id", "name,dob,address");
If the is_select_mode is removed and I call render_sql it works as expected.
September 5, 2013, 8:27pm
Also, another problem.
When using server side filtering on a grid using attachHeader - if the data has an &(ampersand) character it breaks with an error of malformed xml. If I remove the filtering it works.
Fixed version of connector attached, it must resolve issue with is_select_mode call for all use-cases.
connector.0609.zip (280 KB)
September 9, 2013, 8:54am
That’s fixed the problem!
Any chance you could look at the second issue?
I can’t reconstruct this issue locally, can you provide the exact server side response which causes the problem ( can be catched by using firebug or chrome dev. tools )
September 12, 2013, 2:26pm
Sorry should have been clearer. The problem is specifically when you use a
If for example my data contains the “&” character it tries to build a list as below as part of the response which gives the error:
</coll_options><coll_options for='17'><item value='Frankfurt'></item>
<item value='Frankfurt & Hamburg'></item>
<item value='Paris & Luxembourg'></item>
<item value='Vienna & Luxembourg'></item>
Further, if you use a client side
#select_filter it half works but the drop down list displays as:
Frankfurt & Hamburg
Which means if you select this it returns nothing!
I hope this is clearer!!
Thanks for the info.
I was able to fix the issue, please try to use the attached jar file ( it includes all latest fixes as well )
connector.combo.all.zip (281 KB)
September 13, 2013, 2:48pm
I tried the new jar file but it still doesn’t work. looking at the changes in this file it doesn’t seem like the fix is in there.
The problem (I think) is in the fill_collections method of GridConnector.java when it builds the xml for the lists.
Sorry, it seems I have missed few places where fix need to be applied.
Please try to update the connector.jar one more time.
connector.v8.zip (281 KB)
September 17, 2013, 12:55pm
Many thanks Stanislav! - I can confirm it’s now fixed