Layout and Window visual artifacts (IE7, IFRAME, DOCTYPE)

Hello!

I was trying to reproduce an error I am experiencing with dhtmlLayout and dhtmlWindows under my setup.

When using the layout splitter or when moving a floating window, the layout suddenly collapses to a small box. Along with the loss of UI, dhtmlxWindows get stuck to the top left corner of the layout and the only solution is to close them.

Sometimes the layout even remains collapsed after dragging a window, and only when the browser window is resized the layout gets restored.

I have been trying to test this thoroughly and it seems that this issue happens only with documents contained in an IFRAME on IE7 (Chrome and Firefox behave correctly). More surprisingly, I have appreciated that the issue does not happen if I remove the DOCTYPE declaration from the contained document (which includes DHTMLX).

I have tried to produce a test document. Since the issue involves frames, I’m providing two files. I’m using your FileExplorer demo as an example. Things to try on IE7:

• Drag the layout splitter (this will collapse the layout while dragging and it will restore after releasing the mouse button).
  • Open and Dragging a Window (clicking on the 1929 node and then on any of the jpg images will open a dhtmlxWindow).
  • Opening the dhtmlxMenu also causes this (similar to dragging a Window).

index.html

<html>

<head>
  </head>

<frameset rows="100%,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
    <frame id="frmTop" src="fake-header.html" name="top" scrolling="no" noresize>    
  </frameset>

</html> 

fake-header.html

<html>
    <head>

<title>Header Title</title>

</head>

<body class="body">

<div>Test Header</div>

<iframe id="frmMain" src="http://www.dhtmlx.com/docs/products/demoApps/dhtmlxFileExplorerDemo/index.html" style="position:absolute;top:113px" frameborder="0" name="main" scrolling="auto" noresize  height="80%" width="100%"></iframe>

</body>

</html> 

I appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks!

Bump… O:)