Layout not appearing in IE8 [SOLVED!]

The below code renders correctly in FireFox but does not show the Layout at all in IE8.
If I change the parent for lyoMain to document.body then it does render but incorrectly half way across to the right of the screen. It’s a pity that you do not allow any file uploads because I have a screen print that would help you understand.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>
 	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/javascripts/dhtmlx/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxlayout.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/javascripts/dhtmlx/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/skins/dhtmlxlayout_dhx_skyblue.css">

<script src="/gttjavascripts/commonjsfuncs.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/dhtmlx/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/dhtmlx/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxcontainer.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script src="/javascripts/dhtmlx/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxlayout.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<title>Globtrotters Travel & Tours</title>
	<style type="text/css">
		body { 
			background-color: #fff; 
			color: #666; 
			text-align: center; 
			font-family: arial, sans-serif;
			width:100%;
			height:100%;
			margin:0px;
			overflow:hidden;
		}
	</style>
	<script  type="text/javascript">
	var lyoMain;

function doOnLoad()
	{
		lyoMain = new dhtmlXLayoutObject("divlyoMain",'2E','dhx_skyblue');
		lyoMain.setImagePath("/javascripts/dhtmlx/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/imgs/");
		lyoMain.cells('a').hideHeader();
		lyoMain.cells('b').hideHeader();
		lyoMain.cells('a').setHeight(100);
		lyoMain.cells('a').fixSize(true,true);
		lyoMain.cells('b').fixSize(true,true);
//		lyoMain.cells('a').attachURL('/banner/index');
//		lyoMain.cells('b').attachURL('/user/index')

}

</script>
</head>

<body onload="doOnLoad()">
	<div id="divlyoMain" style="position:absolute; width:100%; height:100%">
</body>
</html>

Please can you tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks

Purvez

SORRY!! The culprit was the body text-align:center. I changed it to text-align:left and it appears correctly.