License question

Hi,

My company is planning to develop a new product which aims to provide BI oriented reports and dashboards. Our intended customers would use our solution to build their own EIS site by modifying predefined configuration without writing any custom code.

While searching for suitable grid component to use with our report, dhtmlx came to my notice. And I think it’ll fit our requirement perfectly in technical aspect. However I’m not sure whether the enterprise license would cover our intended usage or not.

From the license agreement linked above, it seems we could purchase single enterprise edition and distribute it with our application on unlimited customers provided that the site using dhtmlx is built by our developers.

But as our customers could create new report pages which might includes grid data represented by dhtmlx, I’m not 100% sure if it will not breach the license terms.

I suppose such usage shouldn’t be a problem since a) the customers don’t have access to the dhtml API, b) they could never modify any of the source codes(html, js), and c) there’s no way to use dhtmlx component outside the context of the generated report (i.e. building a standalone application with it).

Am I right in supposing we’re not going to breach any license terms with building such an application?

I’d appreciate any questions about our planned application or suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Xavier

> I suppose such usage shouldn't be a problem

Right. Since
your customers will use dhtmlxGrid within your application only, and they will
not have the possibility to use the grid in some other separate
applications/websites, the described usage of dhtmlxGrid is totally covered by <st1:city w:st=“on”><st1:place w:st=“on”>Enterprise</st1:place></st1:city> license terms.
<o:p></o:p>