License

Hi,

Does the license for Scheduler.NET cover the use for dhtmlxScheduler?

Basically could I purchase the .NET version but then go about just using the .js files like if I purchased dhtmlxScheduler instead?
Does this also allow me to use the dhtmlxConnector as well if I realize this would be a better way for the project?

The project is built on ASP.NET (no MVC) and while testing it felt like it was easier to configure using just javascript instead of the .Render() and configure in C#.
But I think it might be useful to have the .NET library available either way, and maybe I can get it working better using it.

For example how do I use blockTime with the .NET version?

yes, buying Scheduler.Net you may use it without .Net part or with another .Net part.

Hi,

There is no server-side function for blockTime yet, so it can be done only by js code

So how would I do that using the .Render() function?
Would I simply reference the _limit.js extension on my own in the page, and then do the script part after the render?

Which I now tried, and that works so so.

Is there any way to render just the html with a render tag, and one which just renders the script and css references so I can put that in the head?

Since I would need to have references to the scripts before I reference the extensions manually and need to write my manual script before the config script renders the calendar.
Which means I have to put the extension stuff right in the middle of the code which comes from .Render(). Is there any work around or do I simply have to write all the config code instead of using .Render()?

Its very nice to be able to write the config server side but it seems to have to many limitations currently.

Like I made a custom extension for our demo (simplified version of your upcoming color areas function), if I want to use it I currently can’t use .Render().

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

I found that I could use GenerateHTML(), GenerateJS(), GenerateCSS() to split up the Render() now which made it all easier!

It also can be done from the server-side,
Built-in scheduler extensions can be included using DHXScheduler.Extensions collection,

scheduler.Extensions.Add(SchedulerExtensions.Extension.Limit);

And there is a way to insert custom js code inside the Render, or GenerateHTML output. You may add it to the DHXScheduler.AfrerInit or DHXScheduler.BeforeInit lists. Code from BeforeInit will be inserted before scheduler.init(…) call on the client. It is important if you overriding templates, or something that will be used during calendar rendering. And AfrerInit will have the same effect as if you put script after Render or GenerateHTML scheduler.AfterInit.Add("scheduler.blockTime(...);"); //or scheduler.BeforeInit.Add("scheduler.blockTime(...);");