Liveupdate with multiple tenants/namespaces + monitoring

Hi,

I’m using liveupdate with the dhtmlxscheduler.

I have different tenants (subdomains) using the scheduler and I’d like to make sure each liveupdate client is in another e.g. namespace.

1. Any way to separate/namespace each client in the server.js definition or how would that be approached?
  2. liveupdate uses faye 7.0 which should support the ‘on’ binding event in order to monitor events as in: faye.jcoglan.com/node/monitoring.html But that doesn’t seem to work, any plans to update or how do you track/debug?

Thanks!

Cheers,

figured it out - solution is to use different channels - but implementation means changing code in liveupdate handling.

Hello,

I am trying to set up something similar, but running into issues. Can you let me know what changes you had to make?

Thanks!

Sample with latest faye.js is attached.
nodejs.fay.updated.zip (665 KB)

Thanks!

I was trying out your example but I can’t get my node server to start up because it can’t find node-static. Previously this was included in the nodejs package. Can you help me out with this?

module.js:340
throw err;
^
Error: Cannot find module ‘node-static’

Sorry, some junk code was included in the previous example. Please check the updated one.
With the latest version of Faye, there is no need for node-static anymore.
nodejs.fay.updated.zip (665 KB)

Apologies if there’s a limit to how old a thread we’re allowed to post to, but I am having troubles in this area as well. There are a few points I’m still not clear on.

1. Does the server.js script need to be continually running?
  2. Do we need a web config file for Node.js in the folder?

I’ll probably have more questions on this since I and my co-worker are fighting to get this thing to work. (We are currently working on a project that uses the Scheduler, and it needs to be updated live. Neither of us has prior experience with Node.js)

(1) yes, server.js is a separate server that must be always active. It is used to send notifications to client-side, when data was changed.

(2) not sure. It depends on your environment. The key point here, you need to run nodejs process with server.js. Normally it means that you just execute something like node server.js ( manually, or by some kind of startup script )