Loading Content in Multiple Cells

I apologize if this is an amateur question, but I’m not allowed PHP on this new project so I’m trying to foray into other forms of dynamic content delivery. I searched the forums for this and the docs. I found one “comment” that seemed to be close, but nothing there appears to be working on my end.

I need to load content to one cell based on the content from another. For example, if I click an item in the menu, it brings up the page I want in cell A. I then need it to simultaneously (and automatically) load a companion page in cell B. I thought maybe an onLoad for the page in cell A, but I’m either doing it wrong or this isn’t supported.

Any pointers in the right direction would be absolutely fantastic.

As far a I understood you need to reload the iframes inside layout cells. You may try to use the following approach to load (reload) page in a certain cell:

function loadPage(cell_id,url){ if (!dhxLayout.cells(cell_id)._frame) { dhxLayout.cells(cell_id).attachURL(url); } else { dhxLayout.cells(cell_id)._frame.window.contentDocument.location.href = url; } }

Alexandra,

Yes, that’s exactly what I need. I’m assuming that because this is a page-by-page call (ie reloading certain frames based on the page that’s in another frame) that this function goes into each page that’s being called. However, I’m not exactly certain where the script needs to go. I’ve tried calling the function from several places, but it doesn’t seem to be having any effect.

Maybe I’m completely missing the point, but I’m assuming that the function needs to be called onLoad() or maybe from within the doOnLoad() since the accordion element is in there?

I apologize if I’m missing the obvious and thank you for taking the time to answer the first question.

Hello,

could you provide some example: layout initialization ?

I believe I’m using 4C, which has four cells. Basically if, for example, I load ford_trucks.html into cell A, I need it to simulataneously load ford_truck_options.html into cell C.

I believe the function that you provided previously is what I’m looking for. However, I’m a complete beginner with AJAX and DHTML, so I haven’t a clue as to where this function should go and how it should be called. I guess that’s the problem that I’m running into.

Thanks again.

Please check the sample in layout package:
dhtmlxLayout/samples/02_conf/11_attach_url.html

It shows how page can be attached to the layout cell.

Basically if, for example, I load ford_trucks.html into cell A, I need it to simulataneously load ford_truck_options.html into cell C.

dhxLayout = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(“parentId”, “4C”);
loadPage(“a”,“ford_trucks.html”);
loadPage(“c”,“ford_truck_options.html”);

I apologize, let me clarify further. Getting the pages into the intial layout isn’t the problem.

Let’s say I load index.html in Cell A. I click on a link in Cell A that goes to ford_trucks.html. This is, of course, going to load ford_trucks.html into Cell A, since that’s the cell where I clicked the link. When this happens, I then need it to also load ford_truck_options.html into Cell C.

Does that make any more sense?

So, you need to call a function, which is defined on the main page, from an iframe:

parent.loadPage(“c”,“ford_truck_options.html”);