LoadXml Error

Hi, I have been trying to get the scheduler to work from a long time and after going through most of the post in the forum,i am creating a new entry for the same topic…

Details of setup are as follows,
Win Xp with Sp2, Apache web server , Mysql 5.1, PHP 5.0.

Created a html files which have all the required calls for .css and .js files, and a .php file which would interact with the db. Please correct me if i am wrong , but my understanding is that the xml file is randomly generated by the php file and is passed to the Html page.

I am attaching both the files. Please help me in getting past the error " Error Loading XML".

Any help would be appreciated…

Thanks,
ST…
myfile.zip (1.02 KB)

hi,
want to provide some more info to help you out there,
the mysql db is created and a sample table is also created.
i can access the scheduler without any problems if i provide the sample xml file.

I want to access the scheduler via the database so that i can store and update events. Please assist…

thanks.

Hey there!

Why you don’t try the sample “05_loading_mysql.html” from downloads?
It should fit 100% your needs and is totaly basic initaliation…

Only one minute to change the “events.php” in the php-folder and the config.php with the database settings to your needs.
Perhaps have a try?

Hey, I did give that a try and used the sample provided… I made the changes in config.php with my database details and also changed the events.php file. It still gives me the Load XML error.
my database has a table called events_shared which has 5 columns, event_id,start_date,end_date,text,event_type,userId and all of them have been added to the events.php file and i still get the error.

This is from the events.php file.
$scheduler->render_table(“events_shared”,“id”,“event_id,start_date,end_date,text,event_type,userId”);

Please help.

I opened your files (myfile.zip) and maybe many things are missed:

index.html is not well formatted, script is not called, missed tags, etc., maybe if you replace your code:

[code]

[/code] by this one:

[code]

html, body { /* if page looks wired, delete comment tag margin:0px; padding:0px; height:100%; overflow:hidden;*/ }

[/code] And in your connect.php file try to remove this: [code]require_once('config.php'); include ('config.php');[/code] because mysql connection has been defined ([i]check if user name, pass and db name are correct[/i]): [code]$mysql_server = "localhost"; $mysql_user = "root"; $mysql_pass = "Passwo"; $mysql_db= "sampledb";[/code] Also check your paths ([i]are you uploading 'codebase' and 'sources' folders with all the files?[/i]).

I had the same LoadXml Error, I started again from scratch and when I changed the password the LoadXml Error ends. After that it didn’t work good until I uploaded the ‘codebase’ and ‘sources’ folders.

I hope this helps and sorry if my english is a little bad. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, however the problem still persists…
As per your suggestion, i have totally started from scratch, downloaded the scheduler from the site again, modified events.php and config.php and loaded on to my webserver(Apache) and now i get a different error. I am attaching the screenshot. Please help…

I don’t know about handling IE errors, but it seems that a javascript variable is not defined, that means that probably the path to dhtmlxscheduler.js file is wrong.

I suggest that you must upload a sample from that contained in dhtmlx.com/docs/download/dhtmlxscheduler_21.zip file with relative paths in order to verify it all.

Are you testing in your computer? No host company?

I am trying in my own computer, and i have all the related components installed… like Apache,database,php are installed. here is how i am testing it.

Case 1 : – Launch the index.html or an html file directly from the browser.
In this case, the page loads fine, but i get the Load XML error. for this , i have started from scratch, re checked and re configured all settings again and then lauched the page. ALso the File i am using is the one that comes as default in the download file. (05_loading_mysql.html). I have modified the php files to include my database details

Case 2: – Launch the file through Apache server
In this case i get the scheduler is undefined error i am unable to proceed.

I am unable to figure out what i am doing wrong?

—Please help…

Thanks…

I have retried the whole thing again and now i get this error in debug window…

Server response received details
Not an XML, probably incorrect content type specified ( must be text/xml ), or some text output was started before XML data

any idea what could be wrong…

This is the php file.

<?php include ('../connector/scheduler_connector.php'); include ('../common/config.php'); $res=mysql_connect($server, $user, $pass); mysql_select_db($db_name); $scheduler = new schedulerConnector($res); //$scheduler->enable_log("log.txt",true); $scheduler->render_table("events","event_id","start_date,end_date,event_name,details"); ?>

and config.php has the details of my database.

Please assist…

I’m having the same issue.

I have included my zip file with the details.

It is in the same structure as it is zipped (config.php, events.php, and scheduler.html are on the root; codebase and sources folders on the root).

The config.php file is where I input the database details (server, user, password, db_name), and nowhere else.

I can view the calendar when I call the page, but I get the Load XML error as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

CN
dhtml_scheduler_upload.zip (185 KB)

You have incorrect script reference in your code

<script src="../codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.js" must be <script src="./codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.js"