Magnification shifts events.

I am running the dhtmlx scheduler in Internet Explorer 8 or firefox, on a timeline view. When in the timeline view, I am using full day blocks of time, (to book for a whole day for specific resources). The period length I am working with in the timeline view is a 60 day block, (60 blocks, one day long per block). When increasing and decreasing the magnification of the page, the events seem to be shifted visually but not on the database backend (The further right on the timeline view it is, the more it is shifted).

Is there any way to ensure that the magnification is consistent?

Kind regards
Greg Goldberg

Hello, Greg.

When increasing and decreasing the magnification of the page, the events seem to be shifted visually but not on the database backend (The further right on the timeline view it is, the more it is shifted).

If you zoom in then page is resized, less space is given for the data div, columns get narrower and events need to update their position to be correct in this case (actually simply whole view is redrawed with the new sizes). So events actually doesn’t change and there is nothing to send to the database.

Can you explain what would you like to see when page is zoomed in?

Or if I completely misunderstood then can you please attach some screenshots?

Best regards,
Ilya

Hi Ilya,
An example of this, is the image attached. I pressed Ctrl and the - key to shift the magnification of IE8. After pressing this a few times, the scheduler’s events are shifted, as can be seen from the attached image.
Kind regards

Scheduler - Minus Magnification
Greg Godlberg

Scheduler - Original Magnification

Scheduler - Plus Magnification

Hello, Greg.

Thank you for the screenshots but unfortunately this is not much we can do to fix it. It’s up for a browser to decide how to render elements and even in zoomed out state everything may be displayed correctly (almost, check attachment) or may not.

Best regards,
Ilya