Manipulate data in Spreadsheets

I’m looking for a solution to create online spreadsheets. Looking at your Spreadsheet app documentation, I couldn’t find out if it is possible to manipulate the data in the spreadsheet programatically (using PHP or JavaScript)?

I need to loop through ranges of cells, perform calculations, change the data in certain cells, etc, just like VBA code in Excel.

Thanks in advance for your support!
:slight_smile:

Hi,
spreadsheet supports manipulating data throw PHP API:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … :reference

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

In my case, customers save their data in their spreadsheets. Does this mean that for every customer I must create a specific database (or table) and specific scripts with different access levels?

Is it not possible to store the data in the browser local storage and give customers the same page?

In other words: is it possible to replace Excel (with VBA) by DHTMLX?

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

In my case, customers save their data in their desktop spreadsheets.

With DHTMLX will I have tot create a specific database (or table) and specific scripts with different access levels for each customer?

Is it not possible to store the data in the browser local storage and give all the customers the same page?

In other words: is it possible to replace Excel (with VBA) by DHTMLX?

Hi,
you may create spreadsheets for each customer. THeir data will be saved in the same database, but will be shown separatly. To do it you should pass parameter id during spreadsheet initialization.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I’m willing to give it a try. But I’m still trying to find out some answers in your documentation, if you could support this could be the perfect solution for me:

1 - Suppose a user wants to create more sheets? Is it possible to implement some sort of button to allow him to save his files and re-open them?

2- Is it possible to link the data in multiple spreadsheets, like a formula picking data from another spreadsheet?

3 - Will the other components be able to talk with the active spreadsheet? Like, if we create a dashboard with charts, will they be able to read the data dinamically?

Thanks again for your support!

Hi,

1. You may just reload spreadsheet with different ids. For user you may show select box instead of selecting files.
    2, 3) No, there is no way to do it.