Mask & Pos not coming in on the query string

Hi there. I am new to this forum and just started to work on this today. I am re-writing the PHP code to ASP and mostly have it working with the Combobox. The issue I am having is that when I am trying to pull the MASK and POS items off the querystring, they are not there. It is really odd.

Here is the call:

function doOnLoad(){

var z=new dhtmlXCombo(“combo_zone”,“alfa”,200);

//z.enableFilteringMode(true,“loadCombo.asp”,true,true);

z.enableFilteringMode(true);

//z.loadXML(“data.xml”);

z.loadXML(“loadCombo.asp”);

}

In the loadCombo.asp file, a Request.Querystring will give me this value: one_a_dhx_rSeed=1238808441742

Absolutely no idea where that is coming from. The data is simply pulling a zip code from my database.

Any thoughts?!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dennis

Hello,

>> In the loadCombo.asp file, a Request.Querystring will give me this value: one_a_dhx_rSeed=1238808441742

_a_dhx_rSeed is the additional paramether (random seed) which is automatically added to prevent caching.

>> trying to pull the MASK and POS items off the querystring, they are not there. It is really odd.

mask and pos are parameter which are passed to the server only in case of dynamic loading:

z.enableFilteringMode(true,“loadCombo.asp”,true);

If you use simple filtering:

z.enableFilteringMode(true)

these parameter aren’t used.

ugh.  I am sorry.  I was trying everything and I must have had that in there when I was trying to get it to work.  I changed it up and we are rocking and rolling now.

One more quick question.  Say I want to access the combobox to be able to check the data in there client side or to clear the contents via a javascript function.  This is done after onLoad fires, so how would I do that?

function doOnLoad(){
         var z=new dhtmlXCombo(“combo_zone”,“alfa”,200);
         z.enableFilteringMode(true,“loadCombo.asp”,true);
      }

I know that setComboText() is the function, but after on load is done, z object is gone.  I tried to get to it via getElementById, but could not access it although I can do a request.form(“alfa”) and get the value on submit.  Here is code sample:

function clearCombo() {
         //z.setComboText("");
         alert(document.getElementById(“alfa”).value)
         //document.getElementById(“alfa”).value = “”
      }

Thanks again for the help.

Dennis

The selected option value is accessed by getActualValue() method:

var value = z.getActualValue();

If you want to clear value, you can use the following method:

z.setComboValue("");

Yes, but how do I get at the object AFTER the onload function fires?  I want to validate the data in the dropdown after the user fills out a form for example or if i want to put in a clear button to delete the data in there from an action outside the combobox.  I need to access the value in there clientside.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis

You can define z (combo obejct) as global variable

var z;

function doOnLoad(){

z=new dhtmlXCombo(“combo_zone”,“alfa”,200);

z.loadXML(“loadCombo.asp”);

}

function validate(){

var value = z.getActualValue();

}