а

Max count of rows in dhtmlx_grid

I just try the gpl version of the grid for a first start.
I need a grid to show large datasets, up to 2.5 million records are normal in my usecase and scrolling over the entie set is required (no paging allowed).
To test this, I modified the 01_basic.html example.
I replaced the ‘dataset’ (from a json file) by a dynamically created array of records (same structre as in original example, only id-value s incremented). I also exended the ‘colums’ definition of the grid (the schema) to show this id-field.
Results: works grate and ver fast up to a little more than 800000 ecords in the array, 838859 to be precise.
Debugging shows that the created array itself does contain more records and is correct.
So the questions are:
– is there a limit of rows (or of fields …)?

• is there a way to get over this limit by different means supplying the data?
    Note that it is essential that the vertical scrollbar always is in relation to the entire dataset.
    Thanks

There might be a limit in IE browsers for the height of the html table. Unfortunately this limitation cannot be eliminated.
I may only suggest you to use the paging mode in this case.

thank’s for your answer. I did not test with IE or Edge but with Firefox and Chrome, current versions each and on windows 10.

ah… one more question. If it’s related to a limit of the absolute page size in browsers - does that restrict the number of rows in a single grid even more, if we have multiple grids on the same page aligned vertically?

Update.

The problem is that the browser cannot treat with the scrollbar with such a huge height.

does that restrict the number of rows in a single grid even more, if we have multiple grids on the same page aligned vertically?

Yes, it is related to a single grid object. You may use the paging mode to eliminate this problem:
https://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxGrid/samples/14_loading_big_datasets/10_pro_paging_wt.html