Maximised window text content un-selectable

Hi guys,

We seem to have some issue with the dhtmlxWindows component when the windows are maximized the content/text in the dhtmlxWindows becomes un-selectable in IE8. Fine in Firefox, Chrome, Safari and etc.

By text un-selectable I mean. Mouse down and dragging over on a section of text in the html to highlight the text.

Please see sample code below.
Much help will be appreciated :smiley:

Cheers,
Simon

DHTMLx Professional //v.2.5 build 090904

<html>
<head>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
  <title>dhtml test</title>
    <style type="text/css">
        html, body {
            width: 100%;
            height: 100%;
            margin: 0px;
            overflow: hidden;
        }
    </style>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxlayout.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/skins/dhtmlxlayout_dhx_skyblue.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxWindows/codebase/dhtmlxwindows.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxAccordion/codebase/skins/dhtmlxaccordion_dhx_blue.css"> 
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxWindows/codebase/skins/dhtmlxwindows_dhx_skyblue.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxcontainer.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxLayout/codebase/dhtmlxlayout.js"></script>        
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxAccordion/codebase/dhtmlxaccordion.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/sitecustomcode/test/js/dhtmlxWindows/codebase/dhtmlxwindows.js"></script>

</head>
<body>

<div id="myObj" style="width:100%;height:100%;">

<input type="button" onclick="addwindow();" value="add window" />

</div>

<div id="a1">aaaaaaaaa</div>
<div id="a2">bbbbbbbbbbb</div>
<div id="a3">ccccccccccc</div>

<div id="shortcuts" style="width:100%;height:100%;">

short cuts

</div>

<div id="aaaaa">w3r3qvrq3vrw </div>
<div id="bbbbb">
a2q34vr3qvraqrvq<p>W AVFWLKENVFWE;LNF;LWAEN;FWLEIN</p>

<div style="padding:20px;">WE VFGWAEVOFWJE'OBVJFWE'OJFNWAE'OVJAE'PFAEKP'OFKWA'
POVFKE'[VFWLE</div>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var dhxLayout, dhxWins, dhxAccord;
    var w1, w2, w3;
    var cc = 0;

dhtmlxEvent(window, "load", function() {
        dhxLayout = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(document.body, "3J");

w1 = dhxLayout.cells("a");
        w2 = dhxLayout.cells("b");
        w3 = dhxLayout.cells("c");
        w1.setWidth(250);
        w3.setHeight(200);

w1.hideHeader();
        w2.hideHeader();
        w3.hideHeader();

dhxAccord = w1.attachAccordion();
        dhxAccord.setSkin("dhx_blue");

var a1 = dhxAccord.addItem("a1", "1111");
        a1.attachObject("a1");

var a2 = dhxAccord.addItem("a2", "2222");
        a2.attachObject("a2");

var a3 = dhxAccord.addItem("a3", "33333");
        a3.attachObject("a3");

var obj = document.getElementById("myObj");

dhxWins = new dhtmlXWindows();
        dhxWins.enableAutoViewport(false);
        dhxWins.attachViewportTo("myObj");

var aaaaa=  addwindow();
        var bbbbb= addwindow();

aaaaa.attachObject("aaaaa");
      bbbbb.attachObject("bbbbb");

cc = 3;

w2.attachObject(obj);

var shortcuts = document.getElementById("shortcuts");
        w3.attachObject(shortcuts);

//finally
        dhxAccord.setEffect(true);

});

function addwindow(){
        var id = cc++;

var w = dhxWins.createWindow("test"+id, 20 + id * 20, 30 + id * 20, 400, 350);
        w.setText("Attaching dhtmlxLayout");
        w.keepInViewport(true);
        return w;
    }

</script>

</body>
</html>

Please try to use the attached file (2.5 version). The problem is not reproduced with it locally.

Sorry, I cant see any attachments?

By the way, did you try to maximize the window before selecting the text?

Here is the attachment.
dhtmlxwindows.zip (18.9 KB)

Hi Alexandra,

The dhtmlxwindows.js you attached seemed to work fine. At the moment we are using dhtmlxwindows in conjunction with dhtmlxLayout and dhtmlxAccordion.

I am a bit just worried. If I replace this with the dhtmlxwindows.js file (v.2.5 build 090904) on the system, will it likely to cause any issue? and which one is newer?

Also, the dhtmlxwindows.js is not minified?

Regards,
Simon

Hi,

In the previous answer I attached the development version of the 090904 version (v.2.5 with fixes for known bugs that were done after the official release).

I am a bit just worried. If I replace this with the dhtmlxwindows.js file (v.2.5 build 090904) on the system, will it likely to cause any issue? and which one is newer?

You may send your dhtmlxwindows.js (non-minified). We’ll try to fix the problem directly in it.

Also, the dhtmlxwindows.js is not minified?

You can generate the dhtmlx.js using libCompiler from the Suite package (you will need to replace dhtmlxWindows/codebase/dhtmlxwindows.js and dhtmlxWindows/codebase/dhtmlxwindows.js in the Suite to use the new library).

Thanks for the reply,

I found the this statement in the licences page. Is it true that “All bug fix releases (e.g. v.2.5 build 91111) are provided free of charge.” ?
Will I still have access to the latest v.2.5 build and where can I find them?

In the previous answer I attached the development version of the 090904 version (v.2.5 with fixes for known bugs that were done after the official release).
The .js I had was also v.2.5 090904 but your one looks slightly different in how the buttons are layout? please see windows.jpg

(dhtmlxSuite with Enterprise License)
Thanks,
Simon

Please contact us at support@dhtmlx.com and attach the windows libraries that you are using.