Migrating from v1.6 to v2.1

In my existing application I used DHTMLX professional v1.6 for implementing different components

provided by DHTMLX like grid,colorpicker,tree, tabbar,menu etc…

Now I migrating it to v2.1 and I have successfully made the transition for every component except tree.

Instead of making each and every component again, I figured out the changes by going through documentations

& samples.

For DHTMLX tree implementation I cant find out any major change in the API but its creating the major problems.

Like moveItem() function throws exception and many others. I tried debugging the problematic area but it was of

no help.

Can I get any comparison chart between v1.6 & v2.1 for Tree specifically.

Thnx

Hello,

1) tree 2.1 support new menu (menu 2.x).

2) Also the approach of setting event handler was changed. It became as follows (the previous is also supported):

treeObject.attachEvent(event_name,handler);

for example: tree.attachEvent(“onCheck”,handler) instead of tree.setOnCheckHandler(handler);

3) abitility to set custom attributes was added

4) Smart Rendering mode.

Regarding issue with moveItem method and other functionality. There was an issue in the drag-n-drop functionality in 2.1 it was fixed. So, please contact us at support@dhtmlx.com, provide your ref. number and we’ll send the fixed 2.1 version (or 2.5 beta if you want).