Missing rows when scrolling a large grid

We have an application with about 2200 rows in a grid. When the grid first shows, it is fine, and the browser log shows that the first 200 rows were retrieved from the server.

When I start scrolling down, eventually some rows are not displayed. The browser log shows that all the remaining rows in the grid were retrieved from the server in one http call. Most of the time, the missing rows are at the bottom of the window frame. When rows start to go missing at the bottom, then continuing to scroll down makes more and more rows disappear, until eventually, no rows are displayed. Scrolling back up and then down again sometimes restores missing rows. But not always.

Other times rows are missing in the middle of the list. Our user made a short video showing this case: drive.google.com/file/d/0BxkaZ- … 0zQUU/view

We are using DHTMLX Suite 4.0.2 Pro.

Have you seen this problem before? Any ideas on how to solve it?

In your rows you have the images. Most probably you’ve placed the img html tags in a cell value. In this case pleas,e make sure to set the sizes of your images as a property of your img.
Also you may try to use the “img” column type.

If the problem still occurs for you could you please, share with a demo link, or provide with a simplified complete demo, where the mentioned problem can be reconstructed locally.

We defined our grid so:

grid.$mygrid.setColTypes("coro,edtxt,edtxt,edtxt,coro,img,img,txt,.....

the cells are filled in the connector:

$grid->render_table("entries","entriesId","approvedByUser, targetUscRefAs, sourceUscRefAs, sourceActRefAs, dispositionValue, entriesId(image), entriesId(postiticon), ....

and then in this function

function add_image($row){ $row->set_value("image", "imgs/edit-16.png"); ... }

I’m not too sure how to define the height and width (16px x 16px) for these small image columns…

Incidentally, I modified the grid so that I eliminate those images and I replaced them with text:

grid.$mygrid.setColTypes("coro,edtxt,edtxt,edtxt,coro,txt,txt,txt,.....

and

$grid->render_table("entries","entriesId","approvedByUser, targetUscRefAs, sourceUscRefAs, sourceActRefAs, dispositionValue, username, username, ....

the same empty rows appear after a time (sometimes filling up later) as I click down the scrollbar.

If need be, we could grant you access to a test AWS site (send credential by email for instance).

Please, try to use the setAwaitedRowHeight() method with the defined actual row heighht as a parameter:
docs.dhtmlx.com/api__dhtmlxgrid_ … eight.html
If the problem still occurs after that could you please, share with a demo link or provide with a simplified complete demo, where the problem can be reconstructed locally.
Here you can find a tutorial about creating a complete demo:
docs.dhtmlx.com/tutorials__auxil … pport.html

What is the unit of the setAwaitedRowHeight() ?

I also read that “It can be called only after the setSkin method”, but I do not use setSkin() anywhere.

most probably the image extends the height of the row, so it is not calculated correctly in case of using the smart rendering.
You need to check the ectual height of your row (tr) and set it in the setAwaitedRowHeight() method for the correct calculation.

If you don’t use the setSkin() method so just make sure that the method is called before the init of the grid.

If the problem still occurs for you please, provide with a complete demo, where the problem can be reconstructed locally.