modification of the lightbox

Hi - I’m trying to modify the lightbox in ways that scheduler.config.lightbox.sections doesn’t seem to support (like making textareas read-only, for example). Since the DOM isn’t modified until the lightbox is just about to be shown for the first time (and not until after onBeforeLightbox returns true) i appear to have no hook point at which i could, in one of the worst case scenarios, modify the generated DOM myself.
Additionally, i’d like to take advantage of the recurring events UI - so i’m loathe to totally diverge away from DHTMLX code base and make my own dialog/lightbox.
Is there a way to be able to more finely modify the lightbox prior to the user seeing it for the first time?

thanks

ah - scheduler.form_blocks to create a custom editor… ya?

i could, in one of the worst case scenarios, modify the generated DOM myself.
You can use onAfterLightbox event - on moment of its call, lightbox is already rendered, but it is not the best way to handle such situation

ah - scheduler.form_blocks to create a custom editor… ya?
Yep, you can define your custom form element, or redefine methods of existing one ( they designed in such way, that methods can be redefined from external code, without modifications to the main codebase )

Also, you can replace showLightbox method and show fully custom form.

docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … tails_form

Also, you can replace showLightbox method and show fully custom form.

I’ve read the part of replacing with custom form in documentation, but still don’t know how to write the correct code. Any example of it?

My below sample code just failed:

scheduler.showLightbox = function(id){
// id - id of event
return “

”;
}

You need not return anything , the code in showLightbox must handle all processing.
Similar to

scheduler.showLightbox = function(){
     //show some custom form
     document.getElementById("my_form").style.display="block";
}